• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noretailplease

Reaction score
Finally, the fruit of my labors - wearing the indigo hbt’s that I dyed last weekend, which started out on clearance at optic white. I love the fit and look of these pants ??
79A5B274-5160-49C6-8C40-D0531BDE1020.jpeg

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Interesting this part:

"There are signs that the company’s strategy to add more prestige to the brand via higher prices is paying off. Adjusted earnings were $1.44 a share, topping estimates of 90 cents."

I don't think they will be able to raise prices much more on RRL. I pass on most of my wish list items even at 40% off these days.

I don’t know about the entire RL empire, but from my experience, I haven’t really seen “price creep” with the RRL brand. But, what I have seen is less discounting. To increase profits retailers have basically two approaches ..... either raise prices or discount less.
High-end retailers don’t want to get the ‘discounter label‘ tagged on them. In order to target high end customers, they don’t want that funky Old Navy/Gap cheap discount clothing vibe ..... all up in their stuff. I actually pointed out in a previous post back on August 8th that;

”Did everyone notice that the Spring sale was only ‘Up to 60% off’? Usually, the first markdown is 40% and the second is 30% off across the board. One pair of repaired jeans only went down to 40% off and other items only hit 50%.”

When I started “collecting” RRL the sale was 40% off with the first sale, 30% off with the second sale and then another 20% off with a third markdown that brought the total discount to approx 67% off. Then a couple of years ago RRL totally got rid of the third markdown and now they’re not even doing the second markdown with some items and max out at 40% off. Sales associates have been claiming for years that they were being told that there will be less inventory to avoid the markdown sales, but so far I haven’t really seen the brand achieve their goal. Look how long some sales items hang around on the RRL website. There are still some Spring sales items floating around.
BTW ..... when I go back and pull something I wrote out of an old post on the internet ..... it‘s kind of like “The Poltergist” ..... when the spiritual medium throws a ball into the portal to another dimension ..... and then it comes out on the other end all slimed up in drippy green goo.

1604075927677.jpeg

Last edited:

Serad

Reaction score
Since last year in EU/UK regions they changed the sale policy so that the RRL sale is simply a flat 30%, no more. Used to be up to 50%.

hyunbin09

Reaction score

has anyone purchased these and can provide their thoughts? Probably core and won’t go on sale

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Mayport sneakers in canvas a week ago. They still haven’t shipped.

Tyjordan86

Reaction score

has anyone purchased these and can provide their thoughts? Probably core and won’t go on sale
I have the mayport canvas shoe in ‘greige’ color. They run true to size and are quite comfortable. Can wear them with just about anything. Another recent pickup ?
B1CCA493-DA0E-4B5D-BE01-E76FC04574AF.jpeg

bwfilms

Reaction score
LOL I’ll post fit pics tomorrow :) it’s honestly very stiff and reminds me of my iron heart jacket. It’s so good. One of the members was right and it isn’t very warm, but has enough room to layer.

When you have the chance, I'd like to see this too. What does "half-lined interior" mean? The grey parts in this picture? If so, are the grey parts thicker (much?) than the unlined sections? Thanks...

1604105781743.png

hyunbin09

Reaction score
When you have the chance, I'd like to see this too. What does "half-lined interior" mean? The grey parts in this picture? If so, are the grey parts thicker (much?) than the unlined sections? Thanks...

View attachment 1487609

yes I’ll post some pics! The lining is thin and doesn’t really count as added warmth. The jacket itself is very heavy and thick even without lining. I almost prefer it without the alpaca lining like iron heart.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Regarding the charge more money theory, I did notice that they haven’t released a made in USA denim jacket in a couple years and the recent ones were around $400-$500 and were not made in USA. Kinda disappointed in that. I’m sure the quality is great, but that made in USA tag is so much more desirable that I can justify the price tag haha (or even made in Japan) :p

Serad

Reaction score
Just wild - though I like.

Yeah those pants are crazy I just kind of wish they were a suede or roughout as to not have the shiny smooth leather since that makes them so much harder to pull off. Unless there's something in there with the wax patina'ing over time to reveal a rougher leather under it (if it is a rough-out i.e., smooth side inside). I have last winter's roughout studded pants and they're one of my favorite pieces.

From the prototypes displayed in the Winter showroom pics it did really look like those pants were suede/roughout at first so I'm not sure what the actual retail thing is like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads