• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Just got in the jungle cloth deck jacket from this season. If anyone is on the fence...get it. It’s so worth it.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Right !!! Let’s see some damn pics or it ain’t happen lol

LOL I’ll post fit pics tomorrow :) it’s honestly very stiff and reminds me of my iron heart jacket. It’s so good. One of the members was right and it isn’t very warm, but has enough room to layer.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first (and definitely not last) IH flannel. Figured I'd round the fit out with everything else being RRL

20201028_054631.jpg
20201028_054608.jpg

pvoytko

Reaction score
Buddy and I were looking at them yesterday. The sizing of the actual garment looked...off, when compared to say RRL, RgT, Iron Heart, etc. What I mean is the shoulder to chest sizing they have listed. Long story short, how's the fit haha

for me that was TTS btw

LibertyStreet

Reaction score
i would focus on pit to pit and base your size of that. thats what i did and it worked out
Agreed about the Corridor fabrics - really incredible. I've found the fit to be inconsistent, though. I'm typically a medium. Some of their medium shirts fit me perfectly; some are a bit relaxed; and others can be snug (like the light blue check shirt you posted - insane fabric but the fit was just a little off for me). Either way, still worth it for the ones that fit great and definitely recommend trying.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
I didn’t see this on the us site but I saw the most ugliest shirt I’ve ever seen in my life ???

Well, more palace intrigue at Ralph Lauren. Toshiro posted an image of the Limited Edition Workshirt back on September 26th. Take a good closer look by clicking ‘Toshio said’ above.

But here below is the same shirt on the RRL website now.

Now that’s pretty weird. The actual Limited Edition ”boro” shirt now on the RRL website (and in stores) has added both a collar lapel and a right breast pocket. More Covid disruption? Exact same shirt .... but ..... more collars and pockets for your money. Whoops, now how the gosh-darn-dang-diggity did that happen? Come on Ralph, enough already, now heads must roll!

BTW, I see folks commenting on the official RRL Instagram account calling this workshirt “sashiko” but that’s wrong, it’s actually “boro”. Sashiko (also used as a verb, meaning “little stabs or stitch”) refers to the stitching repair work technique while boro (a noun, meaning “tattered or rags”) refers to the repeated layered patchwork technique. But there ain’t a whole lot of sashiko going on with this particular shirt.
I have also tried this shirt on and it’s pretty nice in person. However, I also somewhat agree with Toshiro that it’s probably not for everyone. Reminds me of a watered down version of something Kapital might offer (but not nearly the same quality as Kapital). The shirt could use more stressing to actually capture the proper Japanese aesthetic in my opinion.

Last edited:

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Well, more palace intrigue at Ralph Lauren. Toshiro posted an image of the Limited Edition Workshirt back on September 26th. Take a good closer look by clicking ‘Toshio said’ above.

But here below is the same shirt on the RL website now.

Now that’s pretty weird. The actual Limited Edition ”boro” shirt now on the RLL website (and in stores) has added both a collar lapel and a right breast pocket. More Covid disruption? Exact same shirt .... but ..... more collars and pockets for your money. Whoops, now how the gosh-darn-dang-biggity did that happen? Come on Ralph, enough already, now heads must roll!

BTW , I see folks on the RRL Instagram account calling this workshirt “sashiko” but that’s wrong, it’s actually “boro”. Sashiko (also used as a verb, meaning “little stabs or stitch”) refers to the stitching repair work technique while boro (a noun, meaning “tattered or rag”) refers to the repeated layered patchwork technique. But there ain’t a whole lot of sashiko going on with this particular shirt.
I have also tried this shirt on and it’s pretty awesome in person but also agree with Toshiro that it’s probably not for everyone. Reminds me of a watered down version of something Kapital might offer (but not nearly the same quality as Kapital). The shirt could use more stressing to actually capture the proper Japanese aesthetic in my opinion.

to be fair, some of the patches do have sashiko stitching or what is meant to look like it at least. I do love the shirt and I think a white t shirt/turtleneck underneath with some black or brown denim would look great!
Kapital is on a level of its own for sure, but I think the price point for any of their boro pieces is at least 1K here in the states. This could be an entry level shirt before going all in on a Kapital piece! I remember going to the Kapital store in Japan and the boro denim jacket retailed for around 2K usd. :(

bwfilms

Reaction score
Sooo excited about this. Actually, excited is an understatement. Lucky enough to grab this as a gift for my wife. IMO, it's the best looking limited edition, hand-stitched patchwork cardigan, the best looking blanket sweater, the best looking shawl collar cardigan, and the best looking sweater jacket all rolled into one. Considering the patchwork, blanket, and shawl collar are some of the awesome things RRL excel in, it's ?.

IMG_8849.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads