• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Off topic but are masks the norm now? I’ve seen maybe 3 /4 people in masks since this started (I am in north Sweden).

In most parts of NYC the public has embraced mask wearing. In fact, here in hipster Williamsburg Brooklyn, it’s actually “hip” to wear a mask ..... and it can also even be a fashion statement.
For the height of great ‘mask wearing‘ style, check out the mask in this small local Japanese boutique tailor shop in W’burg called ..... Kai D Utility.

Kai D is another regular often featured in Clutch Magazine. The shop is truly awesome; RRL on steroids and a bit less expensive. Kai doesn’t largely “do” denim, flannel and cardigans, but the core of his collection is pure vintage style. Well worth a look.

BTW a lot of critics claim the Japanese actually saved US vintage style and often give Japan credit for the revival of “American Heritage” style. For example, legend has it that the Japanese bought all the original Levi’s hand shuttle looms (and the patents) after Levi’s began to mass produce denim when wearing denim jeans became popular (James Dean) back in the 1950’s. Those shuttle looms are actually crucial in creating the tighter and denser knit raw selvedge denim fabric. Perfect for stressing and uneven fading. But that’s just an old wives tale. Anyway, there’s no doubt the Japanese have now mastered and perhaps even conquered denim production. Clutch/Men’s File are Japanese magazines that pretty much document the American vintage trend.

And .....

And .....

Take a look, notice anything familiar?

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Really like those boots, I have a heck of a time finding a decent stockist for them in the US. Mind if I ask where you found these gems?
I got those from Miloh shop in Vancouver BC. End Clothing has some suede low loggers on sale right now. Division Road in Seattle has the excellent makeups.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got those from Miloh shop in Vancouver BC. End Clothing has some suede low loggers on sale right now. Division Road in Seattle has the excellent makeups.
Thanks, guess I haven't been looking hard enough. Some nice makeups I hadn't seen before, I will keep an eye on them.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
whenever I checked it has always been Caruso (at least the number sized ones).

I would definitely buy RRL tailoring if they start doing more side vents outside double breast

suttonzach

Reaction score
Really like those boots, I have a heck of a time finding a decent stockist for them in the US. Mind if I ask where you found these gems?

Not the exact color, but endclothing.com currently has some in stock for 25% off (and has free shipping over $200)

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whenever I checked it has always been Caruso (at least the number sized ones).

I would definitely buy RRL tailoring if they start doing more side vents outside double breast
Thanks! The clearance prices are pretty good for half canvas Caruso then. The peak lapels are pretty badass and i could get away with wearing it in the office.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! The clearance prices are pretty good for half canvas Caruso then. The peak lapels are pretty badass and i could get away with wearing it in the office.

I would absolutely wear, not a lot size 36 ever made to sell unfortunately...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not the exact color, but endclothing.com currently has some in stock for 25% off (and has free shipping over $200)
BTW, the low loggers on End are 4497 last which is more or less TTS. But other makeups of low logger are commonly found on 4444 which runs 1/2 size large like my pair from yesterday. Also, End hates half sizes.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not wearing it but...

20201026_095618.jpg

pvoytko

Reaction score
NOT RRL but i feel like our crowd has a certain appreciation for fabric quality moreso than others...this brand corridor that ive gotten into has some incredible fabrics and some RRL adjacent style offerings...gotta tip my hat to them for sure

6741392D-85B3-4D10-871F-4D2A6047AC46.jpeg

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOT RRL but i feel like our crowd has a certain appreciation for fabric quality moreso than others...this brand corridor that ive gotten into has some incredible fabrics and some RRL adjacent style offerings...gotta tip my hat to them for sure

View attachment 1485473
Buddy and I were looking at them yesterday. The sizing of the actual garment looked...off, when compared to say RRL, RgT, Iron Heart, etc. What I mean is the shoulder to chest sizing they have listed. Long story short, how's the fit haha

pvoytko

Reaction score
Buddy and I were looking at them yesterday. The sizing of the actual garment looked...off, when compared to say RRL, RgT, Iron Heart, etc. What I mean is the shoulder to chest sizing they have listed. Long story short, how's the fit haha

i would focus on pit to pit and base your size of that. thats what i did and it worked out

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads