• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
***** FAVORITE RRL INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS *****

Okay, I know you’re all on Instagram so don‘t even try to deny it. As a homage to SLCRich (and his infamous bathroom mirror) I thought it might be interesting to post some of my favorite RRL Instagram accounts.

FIRST, the most famous:
Mark Large, not posting as much RRL as he used to but still the “king”. A British house painter by trade, but also a dude living in vintage. The entire RRL community seems to bow down in awe when he hits our shores.
OilCongress, another well know RRL obsessed Brit. Appears to have recently had a baby and we all know what happens then.
Julien Landa, Dutch painter, not nearly as active as he was a few years back. Must have finally reached the RRL saturation point. Is that even possible?

SECOND, the best of the US:
Randy Hughes; I check Randy’s account when I want to see items I regret not buying and want to see again.
Union Brotherhood; pure RRL at it’s finest with nice photography.
Snake Oil Provisions: Okay, so I know this shop is an authorized RRL dealer but still, they have all the bases covered
Circa1893: plenty of older items and accessories. This man seems to ooze RRL.

THIRD, more great Asian accounts:
Denny Spirit: another oversees vendor that does Old Southwest style better than the folks in the Southwest.
Trad “Wayne” Brand: okay, we all know Wayne smokes too much, but nice wardrobe.
Shota Shimizu and Gary U Japan; they’re like an RRL lookbook.

FOURTH, RRL staffers:
Steve from West Broadway: the style master, great account with a nice mix of non-RRL
Pyt from Billyburg B’klyn: no longer working with Ralph but is still the emperor of layering. I’ve seen him layer three shirts AND a jacket.

BONUS:
Ludlow Blunt; This is the single greatest “guy stuff” Instagram account I have ever seen. Russell Manly (a transplanted Brit) is a barber with a shop right next door to RRL Williamsburg and is often the co-host of RRL Summer cocktail soirées. You probably have also seen him in “Denim Dudes” and is often featured in Clutch Magazine. The interior of his shop is all vintage barbershop (he also has a second shop in Japan). You’ll need to scroll through this account to find some of his RRL collection, but you’ll definitely discover some real gems. Like about 26 rows down is a picture of Dave Mitchell (former W’burg manager and RRL model) and Sunday (another former RRL W’burg associate who you may have also seen on the cover of Clutch Magazine). Abandoned mansions, burlesque and Art Deco, what’s not to like?

Have I missed anyone? I would really like to see some of the RRL accounts other posters follow to add to my crew. Care to share?

Last edited:

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay, I know you’re all on Instagram so don‘t even try to deny it. As a homage to SLCRich (and his infamous bathroom mirror) I thought it might be interesting to post some of my favorite RRL Instagram accounts.
Ironically my IG is slcrich, however you won't see any bathroom mirror pics there ? just a lot of food and golf

McSp

Reaction score

FIRST, the most famous:
Mark Large, not posting as much RRL as he used to but still the “king”. A British house painter by trade, but also a dude living in vintage. The entire RRL community seems to bow down in awe when he hits our shores.
OilCongress, another well know RRL obsessed Brit. Appears to have recently had a baby and we all know what happens then.
Julien Landa, Dutch painter, not nearly as active as he was a few years back. Must have finally reached the RRL saturation point. Is that even possible?

SECOND, the best of the US:
Randy Hughes; I check Randy’s account when I want to see items I regret not buying and want to see again.
Union Brotherhood; pure RRL at it’s finest with nice photography.
Snake Oil Provisions: Okay, so I know this shop is an authorized RRL dealer but still, they have all the bases covered
Circa1893: plenty of older items and accessories. This man seems to ooze RRL.

THIRD, more great Asian accounts:
Denny Spirit: another oversees vendor that does Old Midwest style better than the folks in the Midwest.
Trad “Wayne” Brand: okay, we all know Wayne smokes too much, but nice wardrobe.
Shota Shimizu and Gary U Japan; they’re like an RRL lookbook.

FOURTH, RRL staffers:
Steve from West Broadway: the style master, great account with a nice mix of non-RRL
Pyt from Billyburg B’klyn: no longer working with Ralph but is still the emperor of layering. I’ve seen him layer three shirts AND a jacket.

BONUS:
Ludlow Blunt; This is the single greatest “guy stuff” Instagram account I have ever seen. Russell Manly (a former Brit) is a barber with a shop right next door to RRL Williamsburg and is often the co-host of RRL Summer cocktail soirées. You probably have also seen him in “Denim Dudes” and is often featured in Clutch Magazine. The interior of his shop is all vintage barbershop (he also has a second shop in Japan). You’ll need to scroll through this account to find some of his RRL collection, but you’ll definitely discover some real gems. Like about 26 rows down is a picture of Dave Mitchell (former W’burg manager and RRL model) and Sunday (another former RRL W’burg associate who you may have also seen on the cover of Clutch Magazine). Abandoned mansions, burlesque and Art Deco, what’s not to like?

Have I missed anyone? I would really like to see some of the RRL accounts other posters follow to add to my crew. Care to share?
Great job, useful and intriguing indeed. Thanks.

noretailplease

Reaction score
Aero type iii trucker fit jacket - sleeves a bit too long, but otherwise, divine. I love my rrl leathers, but this blue beast is a whole new *wow* - getting it unlined.
5F0E8B4C-F797-45CD-951F-5B3445B97381.jpeg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
To continue the bathroom mirror sweater theme, I just received the patchwork sweater shirt. Linen/cotton blend.
Glad I finally gave in and ordered it.
0D8lhItjT2aSdwkxNbwnpQ.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Waaaaaannnnt. Too much if I have the cardigan version already? ?

In the spirit of enabling, the cardigan one is wool/linen/cashmere versus 68% cotton/32% linen for the shirt.
Definitely a different feel. Plus the shirt version has an anchor patch which the cardigan doesn't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads