• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have an M/L in the Nashville opening tee or know where to find one? They only have S and XXL left as far as I know. Waited too long and missed out
B55B80C1-2161-48E9-B23B-7F5440C87EC5.jpeg

Lotuspath

Reaction score
..... and so here’s the new RRL red winter quilted puffer jacket.
..... and that looks exactly like the RRL yellow gold Kara Koram (Eddie Bauer original) inspired draw string puffer from last year .... but it’s red .... and this one has a detachable hood.
..... and BTW here is the 1950’s (“The Golden Age of Himalayan Moutaineering“) Eddie Bauer Kara Koram reproduction version of the same hoodie parka puffer in olive drab.

..... and here is also some info from Heddels about the history of parkas and the telltale Eddie Bauer “Sundown” label for those dyed-in-the-wool vintage connoisseurs.
..... and note, the RRL description says their red “down alternative“ puffer is “1960’s inspired“. But what do I know? Was it the invention of snaps instead of buttons that bumps the date up 10 years? Nylon? Elasticised cuffs? Detachable hood? Patent rights? Velcro?
..... and anyway, it looks like men’s power puffer jackets haven’t really gone too far in the last 70 years (not!), or as some might put it; “heritage”. And isn’t that what RRL is really all about?

..... and doing a quick British Pounds Sterling to US dollar conversion, I’m guessing the new RRL red puffer will run about $865. The yellow gold puffer from last year was $790 but I actually got the jacket for $319.
..... and I bought mine last year after being told by more than one RRL sales associate that the jacket was totally sold out. But after leaving the West B’way flagship location, I made one phone call to my usual “pull-a-rabbit-out-of-a-hat” RL store and had the puffer on hold minutes later.
.... and have you ever watched the movie “Ready Player One”? All you need to do to win the grand prize is understand and think like Ralph Lauren. So what's near and dear to RL‘s heart and where might Ralph shop but not a whole lot of other people shop in winter?
..... and there you have it. And winter really is coming,!

Last edited:

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a dark wash western denim shirt in M.....please holla if you have one to sell!

Ghost01

Reaction score
My guess is that supply chains are all screwed up because of covid. There's other fall items, like the seasonal printed tees, that are MIA, too.

Absolutely this - also add that RL furloghed 80% of its global workforce leaving only a small number of people working.

the other reason things are popping up in other regions is because the delay in Irish Country concept - this should have been in store in Sept - but they are holding it back until everything is through from the small mills. Things have been accidentally finding their way online to early and then being pulled.

Wer'e pretty lucky that RRL is getting the majority of its Fall line - the production numbers are so small its a surprise the factories just didn't drop them and concentrate on larger orders that make money.

McSp

Reaction score
I do not have any more details. Feel free to email Kevin as he may be able to help. I did hear that part of the new collection should be in store mid-month, and the rest will arrive November.
I sent two emails to Kevin but he is not answering. Is his email still working? Thanks!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads