• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it’s the opposite of chunky. I just measured L pit to pit and it’s just under 22”.

noretailplease

Reaction score
Some nice markdowns today ???? More stuff to dye - and overdye ?? stay tuned ?
1A96F5C2-2B35-412F-BE95-72178CA4B97D.jpeg
?

bwfilms

Reaction score
Cream cardigan is awesome. It fits a bit slimmer than most rrl sweaters. Not chunky at all.

My normal size was not available, so I just ordered this in one size bigger than my normal size. I also only want a thin sweater for SoCal weather. Thanks for the info, and here's hoping you're spot on in both counts!

mikejb

Reaction score
Hey, first time poster to this thread...

A couple of weeks ago I bought the RRL Cotton Chino Pant...

RRL Cotton Chino Pant

...and they have worked out really well for me. I was worried that the fit would be too baggy in the top block. Instead the top is moderately slim and the legs are (for the most part) a straight fit. I was hoping that these pants would be a good winter chino (heavier material, straight leg to accommodate wearing boots) and it looks like they'll do the job.

RRL chinos II.jpg

It would be nice if RRL had more pants with a similar fit but they seem to either be (very) relaxed or have a tapered leg.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you downsize 2 in waist on these? At least the old RRL officer chino you had to

Toshiro

Reaction score
Hey, first time poster to this thread...

A couple of weeks ago I bought the RRL Cotton Chino Pant...

RRL Cotton Chino Pant

...and they have worked out really well for me. I was worried that the fit would be too baggy in the top block. Instead the top is moderately slim and the legs are (for the most part) a straight fit. I was hoping that these pants would be a good winter chino (heavier material, straight leg to accommodate wearing boots) and it looks like they'll do the job.

View attachment 1464465

It would be nice if RRL had more pants with a similar fit but they seem to either be (very) relaxed or have a tapered leg.
Yea I bought the white herringbone twill chinos and they fit perfect. Then I bought some other chinos same size and they were too tight up top so I’m gonna try a size bigger to see if they work .

michaelvl

Reaction score
I have two pairs of RRL Officer Chino's for sale in size 32x32, one in khaki and one in navy. They have been worn about 10 times each. The beige one I'll let go for 110$ shipped world wide and the navy one for 165$. PM me if interested.

mikejb

Reaction score
Did you downsize 2 in waist on these? At least the old RRL officer chino you had to

I went try to size. In most brands I'll order a 29" waist for a good fit and 30" waist for a loose fit.

I ordered 2 pairs, the 29 X 34 and the 30 X 34, and kept the 29" waist. As it is the fit is a bit loose for me. The waist measures 15.5" across (31" around). That's after one wash but there really wasn't any shrinking.

When I did the online chat with the RRL rep, they said that the 29" waist would measure 29" around. According to what I see that guy was off by 2".

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I would not go true to size on RRL pants. I made that mistake and went true to size on their cargo pants. The waist was the size of a hula hoop. Pants didn't just sag low, they almost fell directly off me.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it depends, the slim fit chino and dress pants you can go TTS

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL jeans and chinos go by the US "vanity" sizing. My waist measurement is a 36-37, I wear a 36 in Japanese jeans but all US makers so far I go with a 34. Not sure why US makers do that but it is what it is.

The RRL sizing guide lies (that is probably what the rep read off of). It states that the 34 measures 34". This is untrue and anyone with a tape measure can debunk this.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup I think all the jeans are down size 2, the regular chino are down size 2, but the suit pant/dress pant and slim fit chino are TTS though (waist wise)

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yup I think all the jeans are down size 2, the regular chino are down size 2, but the suit pant/dress pant and slim fit chino are TTS though (waist wise)
Really? I tried on a pair of jeans last week in my TTS that were very tight in the waist. I may have to go a size up. I was surprised myself because an old pair of RRL denim I own (5+ years old) does run about a size big.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
maybe it has changed, but all my old low straight were down size 2 (though similar to yours they were from ages ago), i.e. I'm true waist 30 I wear size 28.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Jeans will depend on fit. I have some straights in W31 whereas low straights or slim I need in W32. Agree on chino, I always wear 2 to 3 sizes down at a minimum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads