• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By chance anyone here have the Cotton Surplus Cargo Pants? I have a pair of similar style Wallace and Barnes ripstop ones for spring that I have been living in most of the summer. Looking for something heavier for fall and winter. Just wondering how "lightweight" these are. Anyone run across something similar? I like the hem drawstring detail...

1600203797165.png

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fall drop what? The overshirts are extremely soft and comfortable. Was disappointed that the yellow didn't pop as much as it does on the site. The other two are keepers for sure though

20200915_145651.jpg
20200915_145726.jpg
20200915_145800.jpg

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By chance anyone here have the Cotton Surplus Cargo Pants? I have a pair of similar style Wallace and Barnes ripstop ones for spring that I have been living in most of the summer. Looking for something heavier for fall and winter. Just wondering how "lightweight" these are. Anyone run across something similar? I like the hem drawstring detail...

View attachment 1459033

I have these. They're fine for fall and depending on where you are, winter. I'd say for east coast winter they're wearable unless you're going to be outside for hours, in which case they'd be too light.

Toshiro

Reaction score

nobopyon

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. There are also several items on the British RRL website that have yet to drop here in the US and I have not seen in the Fall 2020 catalogue For example;

The red plaid wool work shirt is exactly the same 4 pocket design as the Fall 2018 blue plaid work shirt. The faux Brown’s Beach (RRL is fleece because real Beach fabric is patented) work shirt this season is also the exact same 4 pocket design .... so similar but different. More repeat designs just in another color. Come on Ralph, now you’re just calling it in, you really need to try harder.

Hey, can anyone please explain why the Brits still call a sweater a “jumper”?

are those 2020AW? the hand knit wool cardigan one looks to be all sold out on Brit RRL online store.... I wonder if they will release in US... I don't remember seeing this cardigan on 2020AW catalog though..

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see this shirt anywhere on the website, has anyone seen it? I love a good pullover. I'd be curious for some more details on it.

1600356319126.png

agorman2

Reaction score
does anyone have any fit picks of the low straight Lansford wash jeans? Im curious on how they fit and also the actual coloring. Thank you for any help in advance!

1600357727858.png

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see this shirt anywhere on the website, has anyone seen it? I love a good pullover. I'd be curious for some more details on it.

View attachment 1460235
That was in the first round of summer markdowns. It’s nice. A bit heavy for a summer shirt. It’s a knit fabric kind of like terry. It’s a bit trimmer fit than most of their work shirts.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
are those 2020AW? the hand knit wool cardigan one looks to be all sold out on Brit RRL online store.... I wonder if they will release in US... I don't remember seeing this cardigan on 2020AW catalog though..

It’s really getting very hard to figure out what RRL is doing anymore.
The cardigan was on the British website for about two weeks but was mysteriously taken down about one or two days after I posted the link here. Very weird indeed.
Here below is a picture from the Fall/Winter showroom posted on the DoubleRL instagram account and it also shows the cardigan on the mannequin at the rear right side under the green overalls.

All the other items (i.e.red puffer jacket, fleece western leather coat, etc) are also not in the Fall 2020 catalogue which makes me believe they are all Winter items. But why a Winter cardigan would be offered on the British website and not the US website ..... and then also removed ..... is way beyond my pay grade.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ralph site has always been weird when comparing different regions.
Like this shirt is marked New Arrival on the UK site but it's been on sale in the US for a while now.
Actually a lot of stuff on the UK site has been on sale in the US for a while now. I remember a long time ago the RRL site for Japan had a lot more stuff than other regions and even had measurements.
Screenshot 2020-09-17 170201.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads