• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
How many different kinds of "catalog" (lookbook, catalog, volume 2, etc.) does RRL have? What's the difference between a lookbook and a catalog, etc.? Inquiring minds want to know...

Though there are earlier catalogs, RRL began numbering the catalog issues in the Spring 2016. The most recent Summer 2020 catalog (my sales associate told me he.will have a hard copy available this week) should be number XVI.
I have not seen a men’s “lookbook“ in quite some years, but I dI’d get a miniature Women’s Spring/Summer 2020 “lookbook” which is exclusively each individual page with one model wearing the apparel and no Item descriptions, This would be a true lookbook.
Ralph Lauren, or Double RL in particular, got burnt back in the Winter/Holiday 2014 with a Native American inspired online ad campaign (which I have seen described In print as a “lookbook”) because of claims of insensitivity to Native American culture. In the actual catalog Itself there Is a section called “Crazy Horse” but the offensive images in question do not actually appear. Here is the ad campaign and you can look up the controversy yourself. That was the last “lookbook” that I am aware. BTW, the company apologized.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Thats is refreshing to hear, would you mind posting pics of how you mix and match?
Most of what you have are some of my fav brands.

glad to hear that someone also likes those brands! Yep I’ll post some examples. :) should be fun

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_8430.jpg

RRL plaid
Vintage tee
Vintage belt
RRL straight fit jean
Alden Indy

Even working from home, I still have to put on shoes to feel like I'm actually dressed. Creature of habit.

aquila49

Reaction score
I've had some luck getting old home design and computer magazines. I definitely don't use it on a regular basis however. I just threw it out there as an option to consider.

Thanks for throwing it out there! I had some fun with it over the weekend. It's hit and miss with RRL but I did dredge up some interesting pages from seasons past.

rrl-2011-main.png

rrl-04062013.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I remember that australian mugshot collection!
Can't find much about the RRL collection but there's plenty about the pictures.

McSp

Reaction score
I remember that australian mugshot collection!
Can't find much about the RRL collection but there's plenty about the pictures.

There was much more creative research in the past.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing the RRL Officer Chinos for years and have always been wary of trying the shirts. The price seemed high and I was worried about the fits. During the start of the recent markdowns, I decided to give them a try and grabbed a popover. I love it and it fit perfectly. Unfortunately, it's a heavier fabric so while I got to wear it a couple of times, it's now too hot here to get much use out of it... so I decided to go back and order another. This time the scenic print linen/viscose shirt:

s7-1357397_lifestyle

It arrived yesterday and it's awesome.

I'm not a fan of 100% linen but love linen/cotton blend shirts and trousers. I've never had a shirt that was linen/viscose blend so this would be something new. I really like it - it seems to wear as nicely as the linen/cotton shirts I've got but has a hand that's closer to my rayon shirts. Very interesting material!

Seeing some of the photos and screenshots you folks have posted for the upcoming F/W items has me excited about what else I might grab.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Might have to jump on it ! I’m usually a XL in there button ups but this says it runs small . Should I get a XXL???

FWIW, I got my order from mytheresa.com today. I got the guitar camp shirt which they also said runs small. It doesn't. It fits pretty much like other RRL camp shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads