• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toshiro

Reaction score
Well I had polo and some urban wear . I really wasn’t trying to be all stylish for some years because I hardly had time to go out . Now I want to step my game up and plus I like the retro look . RRL is where it’s at , I just wish I would of learned about RRL years ago so I could of gotten those grail items but better late than never.

Toshiro

Reaction score
I live in the Washington DC area and we have a Ralph Lauren store in Georgetown where they carry RRL items . Haven’t been there yet but will be going very soon . I will be in heaven and broke when that time comes lol.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

vintage38

Reaction score
Out of curiosity; what did both of your pre RRL wardrobes consist of?
Ralph Lauren & Freenote Cloth Jeans. Button down shirts from Barbour, Freenote Cloth, Patagonia, Kuhl, Mountain Hardware, Royal Robbins and Prana.
A definite wardrobe upgrade when I went to RRL. I actually kept a few of my favorite pieces from those other brands, but they just collect dust in my closet.

Last edited:

Dstorm

Reaction score
Does anyone have any new photos of this upcoming season’s fall collection?

Most of the summer items are on sale now through various outlets..Stag, Supply and Advise...I would expect to see the official RRL to happen in the coming weeks.

noretailplease

Reaction score
can someone school me on RRL denim? They lighter ones are like a traditional, tough 501 denim - whereas the Tulare ones are more like a corduroy/ sweatpant feel - much softer, and completely the opposite of the faded ones. How can two denims from the same company vary so much? Thank you.
FFFD92CC-38EB-4F85-9374-73BD8289D123.jpeg
296EACE4-54F1-48C5-A38C-E2B6B3242E91.jpeg

vintage38

Reaction score
can someone school me on RRL denim? They lighter ones are like a traditional, tough 501 denim - whereas the Tulare ones are more like a corduroy/ sweatpant feel - much softer, and completely the opposite of the faded ones. How can two denims from the same company vary so much? Thank you. View attachment 1422545 View attachment 1422546
From my experience, RRL uses many different kinds of materials for their Denim. Some of it is from US and some from Japan. Also different weights of material and the way it's made on the loom.
Add in various types of washes and you have a huge variety of denim jeans that will feel and look completely different. That's the whole beauty of their denim. Each piece is individually unique and different.

Last edited:

mrbig

Reaction score
pre-RRL? I'm in Australia, so, pretty much a sartorial wasteland :p but I started with Polo RL because our dept stores had huge discounts on them and they mailed out private sale coupons every season!
Pretty much my entire wardrobe was Polo RL + Levi's. When I got into denim, first 'real' denim were 501 STFs, then Evisu that I bought in the UK on Sale. Stayed with that all through undergrad while I learned about how things are made and saved up; then straight to RRL, just as it became easier to buy direct from Japan and the US.

RRL Denim: owned a lot of different denim, almost all of it in straight leg but lost some weight so now I do slim fits :D The great thing about RRL is that they do a bunch of different denims every year. It's not just 1 denim that's been washed a few different ways. It's those subtleties that RRL does super well.

pvoytko

Reaction score

additional 20 percent off on this, comes out to 367 shipped. someone buy the XL so i dont

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

additional 20 percent off on this, comes out to 367 shipped. someone buy the XL so i dont

Didn't order the overshirt, but did order the guitar shirt and denim jacket so go ahead and order the overshirt.

segg7

Reaction score
Does anyone currently own a RRL Roughout Suede Jacket that they’d be willing to sell?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics