• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can some of y’all give me advice on how to wear this shirt ? I appreciate it in advance for the responses. View attachment 1421094
Great shirt! I’d wear it like a polo, jeans/chinos and suede loafers. It’s gonna be the star of the show so don’t fight it. Keep the shoes and pants simple and clean. I also like the idea of it peaking out from underneath a casual jacket to tone it down.

Toshiro

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice now I can finally wear this shirt without doubting myself.

pvoytko

Reaction score
7426E91B-20EB-466E-BC86-891FE6969903.jpeg
been light on pickups but these two recently found their way to me

mrbig

Reaction score
Re: 'Overshirt fit' items - I found best to buy the same size as your work/western shirts, but I could comfortably size down for a slimmer fit with a tee or the turtleneck.

How does the serape tee feel in hand? It looks great but the last RRL tee I bought wasn't anything to write home about

vintage38

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice now I can finally wear this shirt without doubting myself.
No need to doubt yourself when wearing a RRL piece. Personally I'm feeling the most confident when I step out in my RRL clothes. Switched most of my wardrobe over to RRL in the last few years and couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

Toshiro

Reaction score
No need to doubt yourself when wearing a RRL piece. Personally I'm feeling the most confident when I step out in my RRL clothes. Switch most of my wardrobe over to RRL in the last few years and couldn't be happier.
This is exactly what I’m in the process of doing . I just started this year and got some items I can’t wait to wear in the fall. Slowly but surely I’ll get to my whole wardrobe being all RRL!

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Out of curiosity; what did both of your pre RRL wardrobes consist of?

I’m only 25 so others may have more experience with experimenting, but I mix and match RRL with a lot of brands. I wear RRL with Rick Owens, Dries, Acne, Visvim, Kapital and Comme des Garcons etc etc. You’d be surprised how RRL can cross fashion genres. It’s timeless, doesn’t follow trends and tends to either be an anchor in my fits or balances my fits.

Toshiro

Reaction score
Out of curiosity; what did both of your pre RRL wardrobes consist of?
[/QUO well mainly urban wear and polo . I really wasn’t trying to be stylish because I never had time to go out or was always tired from work. Now I will make it a point to go out so I can flex my new style. I want to step my swag up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads