• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting the hand knit sweater today. I am not 100% sold on it, as a big guy and I tend to lean more tame in terms of color and pattern, so this is a stretch for me. I just put it on with what I was wearing, but would definitely look better with a chambray shirt and jeans or gray flannel pants. Thoughts?

-DL

Well, it makes you look bigger - which may not be a bad thing. Depends on how you like to present. If you don't like that bigger look, I'd pass. Have to say that it's not my fav now that I see it modeled.

Thethrill

Reaction score
Can I get a fit check on these. Do they give at all as they break in? Had them on for a few minutes and they already felt like they were getting more comfortable as they are ridiculously stiff out of the box. Comments/suggestions appreciated.
20200708_120944.jpg
20200708_120952.jpg
20200708_121002.jpg
20200708_121133.jpg
20200708_121415.jpg
20200708_121428.jpg

Thethrill

Reaction score
I hear you. I was hoping the pattern would do the opposite. I am still on the fence, it is a nice piece, that actually fits pretty well. I appreciate all of the opinions, here is a shot from the front: View attachment 1419751
-DL
I think this sweater is awesome and looks good on you. IMO the pattern actually has a bit of a thinning effect as it makes your chest/shoulders look broad and narrows the waist a bit.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions seem to be right down the middle on the sweater, can't thank you all enough I really do appreciate it. I will post a new image with a proper fit in a couple of days as soon as my A/C is fixed. Maybe that will be the final nail either way.

Nothing like having your A/C **** the bed on the hottest week of the year so far.

-DL

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
They'll give a little at points of tension. I think they're a little too tight (thighs, knee, butt) and look uncomfortable. However, fit and comfort are both subjective. Should you decide to keep them, give them an hourlong cold soak and then wear them around the house while they're still slightly damp.

Can I get a fit check on these. Do they give at all as they break in? Had them on for a few minutes and they already felt like they were getting more comfortable as they are ridiculously stiff out of the box. Comments/suggestions appreciated.

vintage38

Reaction score
Can I get a fit check on these. Do they give at all as they break in? Had them on for a few minutes and they already felt like they were getting more comfortable as they are ridiculously stiff out of the box. Comments/suggestions appreciated. View attachment 1420493 View attachment 1420494 View attachment 1420495 View attachment 1420496 View attachment 1420498 View attachment 1420499
I almost sent back a few pairs of RRL jeans because I thought they were to tight. After wearing all day at work they now fell great. I suggest wearing them around the house for a few days with tags on. If you think after a few days they are still to tight you can always send back. My guess is they'll stretch to a perfect fit.

Last edited:

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Can I get a fit check on these. Do they give at all as they break in? Had them on for a few minutes and they already felt like they were getting more comfortable as they are ridiculously stiff out of the box. Comments/suggestions appreciated

in my opinion, these look pretty good. Raw denim will always be very uncomfortable the first time you wear them. This might sound crazy, but I buy the waist size too tight to button the top since I know the waist will stretch an inch and boom! Perfect. I say keep since it will loosen up and after you break them in, they’ll be comfy cozy.

xiaobenben

Reaction score
A little unusual, but wanted to share (and de-lurk): just picked up the 2020 season RRL blue suede teddy bear, ostensibly for my 2.5 year old daughter but also because, well... because it looks pretty unique.

Absolutely not worth $500 RRP, I got it for $240 but it shipped without the custom box for some reason so RL customer support refunded me $75 as a courtesy. So, a $165 blue suede teddy bear for my kid... cute, foolish, or both? Sharing for those who may be interested!

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpeg
    IMG_0384.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0379.jpeg
    IMG_0379.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0385.jpeg
    IMG_0385.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0381.jpeg
    IMG_0381.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0383.jpeg
    IMG_0383.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 40

mykii2704

Reaction score
A little unusual, but wanted to share (and de-lurk): just picked up the 2020 season RRL blue suede teddy bear, ostensibly for my 2.5 year old daughter but also because, well... because it looks pretty unique.

Absolutely not worth $500 RRP, I got it for $240 but it shipped without the custom box for some reason so RL customer support refunded me $75 as a courtesy. So, a $165 blue suede teddy bear for my kid... cute, foolish, or both? Sharing for those who may be interested!

Not foolish. They probably made some stupidly small number of these. I wanted to get one for *if* I ever have a kid. So that's more dumb than you actually buying one for a kid you already have lmao.

vintage38

Reaction score
Only a few days left on Beach vacation, dinner at Emerald Isle tonight. Decided to go with a old favorite from a few seasons ago. Gotta love a RRL Western plaid, they never go out of style. Almost forgot second pic of another great RRL piece, Hand Braided Horsehair Bracelet to complete the look.
20200708_173226.jpg
20200708_174607.jpg

Last edited:

aquila49

Reaction score
in my opinion, these look pretty good. Raw denim will always be very uncomfortable the first time you wear them. This might sound crazy, but I buy the waist size too tight to button the top since I know the waist will stretch an inch and boom! Perfect. I say keep since it will loosen up and after you break them in, they’ll be comfy cozy.

I concur with my esteemed colleague. It the jeans fit just right, they're going to end up being too large in the waist. Learned this the hard way.

These look good. You can't help that you're knock-kneed! :)

mfbnyc

Reaction score
Wow, much appreciated!

Do you have the hard-copy versions for the 2014 catalogs? I can fix the aspect ratio on some of the PDF covers.
I don't, wish I did. Those were originally sent to me as PowerPoints (with the screwed up ratio). Let me fix the PPT and then re-upload as a new PDF.

pvoytko

Reaction score
Can I get a fit check on these. Do they give at all as they break in? Had them on for a few minutes and they already felt like they were getting more comfortable as they are ridiculously stiff out of the box. Comments/suggestions appreciated. View attachment 1420493 View attachment 1420494 View attachment 1420495 View attachment 1420496 View attachment 1420498 View attachment 1420499

fit looks good!

also reminding me that i need to pick up that red work shirt @ 150 or w/e it is before it sells out!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
fit looks good!

also reminding me that i need to pick up that red work shirt @ 150 or w/e it is before it sells out!

Funny about that shirt. I ordered it online where it’s $159. My order was fulfilled by a store. It had a tag for $139.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads