• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To quote @dieworkwear always wear it open. I never belt any of my belted cardigans personally.

*ETA: my default bay area fall/spring uniform is open cardigan + t shirt + jeans + boots.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To quote @dieworkwear always wear it open. I never belt any of my belted cardigans personally.

*ETA: my default bay area fall/spring uniform is open cardigan + t shirt + jeans + boots.
Hearing advice to buy some jackets and sweaters purposefully one size too small knowing you would wear them open was a cool moment for me. It’s a great look.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The belt was the first thing to come off. I will see if I can get a deal on last years piece, I do like that slightly better. Most of them are 1400$ on eBay. If anyone has an XXL they want to let go of let me know.

-DL
Ya I actually started looking too and immediately felt sad lol. Everyone recognizes it as an absolutely killer pattern.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a SA from either the W Broadway or Brooklyn store? I live in Toronto and I would like to see if the store can facilitate an international order as the website no longer delivers to Canada.

The overall best RRL SA I can recommend is Perry, the store manager at the Williamsburg.shop 718-384-3619
He puts a lot of effort into searching for items and great on following up.

The best person to answer your shipping question might be Dave the store manager at the flagship store on West Bway 212-625-3480
He has been around the longest and would likely be able to answer your Canadian shipping question. BTW ... heire are the sales associates on West Broadway recentlyfeatured in the RL Magazine.

vintage38

Reaction score
Out at the beach. Supporting the RRL Chambray Work Shirt. Bought on last year's sale. One of the best $69 ever spent on RRL piece.
20200707_155733.jpg

nobopyon

Reaction score
The overall best RRL SA I can recommend is Perry, the store manager at the Williamsburg.shop 718-384-3619
He puts a lot of effort into searching for items and great on following up.

The best person to answer your shipping question might be Dave the store manager at the flagship store on West Bway 212-625-3480
He has been around the longest and would likely be able to answer your Canadian shipping question. BTW ... heire are the sales associates on West Broadway recentlyfeatured in the RL Magazine.

that is one good information there, i am also sort of searching for good SA from RRL flagship myself, a few ones gave me their email address, but one ended up never replied to me, and the other one didn't seem to put any effort to find size I was looking for, and ended up the online customer support was able to find it for me.. sad face.

one quick question, if i had RRL flagship to ship to me with gift wrap option, does it come with RRL box? or just regular RL box?

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tracked this down only today—the Double RL Fall 2014 Catalog. (Also have Holiday 2014, but it needs some work.)

Just for fun—who bought pieces from this catalog? If so, which ones? And do you still wear them?
I have mostly boring denim and officers chinos from that season but I also have a few of the military shirts (love it in black) and the LE Type 2 jacket and it was great to see the details.

I still haven’t actually worn the type 2 yet but that is just a minor detail. I go back and forth on whether to keep it and find a way to incorporate it in my coastal wardrobe or move it on.

RRL LE Type 2 Jacket Fall 2014.png

nobopyon

Reaction score
I hear you. I was hoping the pattern would do the opposite. I am still on the fence, it is a nice piece, that actually fits pretty well. I appreciate all of the opinions, here is a shot from the front: View attachment 1419751
-DL

Personally, i do like the cardigan, i think, it's just your current outfit to go with the cardigan isn't really particularly match with the color hue of the cardigan, therefore, it make the cardigan a bit too loud.. just my opinion, otherwise, i like the cardigan.

fwedo

Reaction score
one quick question, if i had RRL flagship to ship to me with gift wrap option, does it come with RRL box? or just regular RL box?

i have ordered once from RRL st Germain and had a RRL box

ArmandoJPonce

Reaction score
that is one good information there, i am also sort of searching for good SA from RRL flagship myself, a few ones gave me their email address, but one ended up never replied to me, and the other one didn't seem to put any effort to find size I was looking for, and ended up the online customer support was able to find it for me.. sad face.

Not in a flagship store, but we send all RRL gifts with RRL gift boxes! That being said, we still have yet to receive any new shipment...(including gift boxes)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads