• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Ultimately it is still a small fraction of people who like the patinated faded look. Even if those people are abnormally represented as RRL clientele, I would think they are still a small number of those buying from the brand.

The reality is that RRL is a hobby branch of Ralph Lauren.

agreed. I’m actually working on the limited high rise 18oz jeans. Maybe I’ll post some progress pics of the fades if anyone is interested! In my opinion, these jeans are up to par with other brands I have a lot experience with such as Pure Blue, Fullcount and Burgus plus.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For an uninspired social media feed, look no further than the RRL Instagram account.

"Printed shorts. Click to buy."

My dudes, I don't understand how having absolutely nothing to say is 'on brand' for RRL.

There are so many interesting things this account could share. Here are a few ideas from an anonymous buyer - these might complement the rotation of posts ("photo of our shop" / "photo of our showroom" / "we're having a party, meh.")

1. A look inside Ben Lisi's closet with his top 5 pieces.
2. Let some of the shop guys pick favorite pieces and talk about why.
3. Take a photo of a sunset in Wyoming or fireflies on Long Island or something.
4. Personality.
5. Something something American historic heritage something.
6. "Why Ralph Lauren's brands will no longer appropriate Native American imagery" corporate social responsibility essay.
7. Blue is our favorite collar: a photographic essay
8. How we made ____: sharing more production process, exploration, experiments
9. Neat images from the past / stuff we bought at Brimfield / Doug Bilheimer's magazine basket in his bathroom
10. Jeez, I dunno, look at some other social media accounts and get inspired why dontcha.

100%.

Would love to see them post more original content. They have some really cool things going on behind the scenes and a huge reach that involves some really interesting cats. Would love to see some more experimenting.

Right now, I just get the gist the instagram account is done from the perspective of the anti-instagram-instagram.

Harissa

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what time the 60% off sale will start tomorrow (June 30th) ? Is it a midnight EST ordeal, or 8am, or what?

leemac74

Reaction score
That shirt looks such a nice piece. The irl shots sometimes make the difference for me as I don’t live near a physical store and the website shows lots of pre production samples often either differ or don’t reflect the colours well in the finished piece.

Anyone have Images from the FW 20 catalogue?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100%.

Would love to see them post more original content. They have some really cool things going on behind the scenes and a huge reach that involves some really interesting cats. Would love to see some more experimenting.

Right now, I just get the gist the instagram account is done from the perspective of the anti-instagram-instagram.

Either that or they realize that most people who can afford RRL don't have IG.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what time the 60% off sale will start tomorrow (June 30th) ? Is it a midnight EST ordeal, or 8am, or what?
In the past it’s been whenever some web lackey remembered to click deploy. Seen things go live as early as 9pm pacific the night before (so midnight eastern) to as late as 6am pacific.

noretailplease

Reaction score
My spring sale just started. Just paid $1099 for this, getting it overnighted. Retail was $2400.
55B71C01-A2AE-4114-A3E9-C9C784FCE889.jpeg

noretailplease

Reaction score
Nice! Anyone knows whether suede will be too warm for SoCal during Fall/Spring? I'd assume suede would be great for Winter, and it'd be too hot for Summer in SoCal. Thanks...
It’s my destination, so it better not be!!

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For an uninspired social media feed, look no further than the RRL Instagram account.

"Printed shorts. Click to buy."

My dudes, I don't understand how having absolutely nothing to say is 'on brand' for RRL.

While much could be said,
the brand speaks for itself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads