• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the tees are getting tighter (or maybe I'm getting fatter). But really, I measured the serape tee in size medium and the chest was 37 inches. I have size small RRL tees from a few years ago that are 40 inches. I'm wondering why RRL is going slim when other brands are doing the opposite?

I think it's typical RRL unpredictable sizing. I bought that serape tee, a plain v-neck, as well as the one with the road runner on the pocket. The road runner and v-neck fit like previous seasons but the serape was tighter and shorter.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I figured. I took a shot on a couple RRL Jean's on the 40% off site. They only had 36/34 left on both pairs. Looks like I might be taking advantage of the free return shipping. Then again with my gym be closed, I might of worked my way up to a 36 waist. Lol
I've had the same prob with the slim narrow and low narrows and I'm not esp. big in the thigh area. Well, you know the old adage:
"Tight pants like small house - no ball room."

pvoytko

Reaction score
blew all my money on the corridor sale. gonna probably have to pick up that serape tee though, its so good

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably too much in the waist - at least that's been my experience when sizing up.

I have one pair of RRL jeans that I bought back in the day but they don't see much use (I use them for yard work along with my Big John jeans). I find the Japanese denim to be better in construction, fit, and materials. Am I missing something?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one pair of RRL jeans that I bought back in the day but they don't see much use (I use them for yard work along with my Big John jeans). I find the Japanese denim to be better in construction, fit, and materials. Am I missing something?
I don't know - I have primarily RRL jeans because I like the fit in general. Most of them are Japanese selvedge. I do have 2 pr Iron Heart that I like but they require more break-in than my tender flesh likes. I think you're correct in that many of the Japanese brands are probably superior in material and construction, so fit would be the deciding factor for me. Pure Blue Japan has some nice double natural indigo jeans for $815 via Okayama Denim. :p

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know - I have primarily RRL jeans because I like the fit in general. Most of them are Japanese selvedge. I do have 2 pr Iron Heart that I like but they require more break-in than my tender flesh likes. I think you're correct in that many of the Japanese brands are probably superior in material and construction, so fit would be the deciding factor for me. Pure Blue Japan has some nice double natural indigo jeans for $815 via Okayama Denim. :p

I love my PBJ SR-19s, they are soft like jogging pants. My issue with the fit on RRL is they are a bit tight in the groin while I find Japanese denim tend to have more, um, wiggle room.

vintage38

Reaction score
Received my RRL Copper Cuff Bracelet today. It's going to be a thumbs up from me. Couldn't justify the $295 retail price, but for $159 sale price I will be wearing it proudly.
20200528_191627.jpg

aquila49

Reaction score
I love my PBJ SR-19s, they are soft like jogging pants. My issue with the fit on RRL is they are a bit tight in the groin while I find Japanese denim tend to have more, um, wiggle room.

That depends on the fit, right? RRL and other manufacturers make a number of different styles.

I prefer the Straight and Slim fits over the Low Straight fit that feature a low rise.

IMO, The RRL straights are plenty roomy. What RRLs are you talking about here?

white collar

Reaction score
They drop all inventory at once. It get replenished by returns and in a couple of months it may be refreshed by leftover store stock as the stores clear out sale merchandise for new inventory (like fall stuff that would "normally" start appearing in July). It used to be they would just send the sale stock to another store (like LA or Hawaii for summer stuff), but I understand that now they do send excess end of season stuff to "online". So stuff could pop up that sat around for a while.
I know from an inside source at RL they laid off a huge number of warehouse workers and told them not to open/restock store shipments. So stores are still shipping back product but it won't hit the website anytime soon if it ever does.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads