• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Randelpink

Reaction score
I'm sitting here in mid 50 degrees Seattle and thinking it's way too warm to wear that.
Coat and whole look is awesome though.

I appreciate the kind words you guys! I was very hesitant to purchase because of the price but once it arrived there was no regrets. And yes, it’s wayy to warm to rock right now, just threw it on before work for some quick pics, instant sweating lol.

aquila49

Reaction score
Meh, maybe my closet has reached peak RRL or something, but I didn't really see much worth picking up from this go around. Maybe the chambray popover work shirt and the limited bootcut denim (didn't have my size), but other than that, underwhelmed.

Peak RRL. Is that possible? ? :)

Has anyone picked up any suit separates (jacket, pants, vest) they like? If so, would love to see any photos.

The primo stuff is usually gone by the time the sale rolls around, but you can usually find a gem or two.

stickshift

Reaction score
Peak RRL. Is that possible? ? :)

Has anyone picked up any suit separates (jacket, pants, vest) they like? If so, would love to see any photos.

The primo stuff is usually gone by the time the sale rolls around, but you can usually find a gem or two.

I've been collecting RRL over the past decade and also have a similar experience...you can only have so many cardigans, jackets, shirts etc. before you start noticing that all the new releases look very similar to past seasons. At this point I'm just holding out for unique pieces, however unfortunately the prices have been trending on the rise (e.g. the current Southwestern pieces) and/or released as limited edition garments with higher price tags.

With that said, I've enjoyed several dress pants from prior seasons and also picked up the limited edition deadstock selvedge chinos from the current sale that I can get around to posting.

Last edited:

aquila49

Reaction score
I appreciate the kind words you guys! I was very hesitant to purchase because of the price but once it arrived there was no regrets. And yes, it’s wayy to warm to rock right now, just threw it on before work for some quick pics, instant sweating lol.

Fashion is all about regret, Padawan. Embrace the force and make it yours! ?:)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
somehow I'm looking at Barbanera a lot these days, other than side zip, hasn't bought anything, but think it's a slightly moderner take vs. RRL?

stickshift

Reaction score
RRL has "an" aesthetic, it's hard not to get repetitive eventually (you can say that about the whole RL empire actually)

I agree and I really do appreciate how the line provides us so many different clothing options for workers and gents alike.

Now if they would only re-release something along the lines of a black cat varsity jacket, indigo polka dot button up shirts, and a peacoat made of indigo sashiko fabric (that LE nautilus coat tho :bounce2:) then I wouldn't be complaining!

henryfool3

Reaction score
to paraphrase George Costanza:

'I'd drape myself in RRL if it were fiscally feasible"

i love their aesthetic. have for years. been getting stuff for a few years now. the more unique items are definitely harder to swing, from a price standpoint. but i have been a bit lucky.

sure, some of the stuff starts to blend a bit, only natural. but overall, for me, they just kill it stylistically, and their fits are mostly on point, with some definite exceptions.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I already have two blue popover work shirts but managed to convince myself that this season's chambray one is different enough that I needed it. Also got the red SW popover and the serape t-shirts.

A couple months ago I was rotating winter stuff for spring/summer stuff and came across an RRL leather and a light bomber jacket that I honestly forgot buying. That was enough to make me hold off buying any more outerwear. The forgotten leather is the 3rd one gnatty8 posted with the flowery buttons. I also have the first one he posted with the center vent and if the big lapel one is a peacoat, I have that one too.

Toshiro

Reaction score
I agree and I really do appreciate how the line provides us so many different clothing options for workers and gents alike.

Now if they would only re-release something along the lines of a black cat varsity jacket, indigo polka dot button up shirts, and a peacoat made of indigo sashiko fabric (that LE nautilus coat tho :bounce2:) then I wouldn't be complaining!
Yes I’m starting to love the old wool pea oats that were released years ago . Hope they release them again

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads