• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Markfisher702

Reaction score
I have the same impressions for the quality (overall, not just the buttons) of my full msrp $1k western sweater from a couple seasons back. Within 2 weeks after purchasing, the tag and one of the buttons fell off from very casual wear/usage. Piles also started very quickly which is normal for sweaters but when I took it back to the store to replace, they said it would just happen again on another sweater. Since I still love the pattern, I decided to keep. But it will be my first and last full msrp rrl item. Love the brand, but most everything seems absurdly overpriced and cheaply made or corners cut in some way or another.
Where is it on sale?
I just picked up the Rasco belt as well. Stagprovisions offered 15% off first time online buy.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4. Popover Jacket. This is a really basic piece, but seems like I could get a ton of wear out of it. The only issue is the fabric seems a little thin. Love how it fits though. Seems a little pricey given how thin the fabric is.

s7-1341266_lifestyle

Replying late but ventile will always feel thin afaik. I like the look of that piece btw, though I can see how the piece might not seem impressive.

slam

Reaction score
Replying late but ventile will always feel thin afaik. I like the look of that piece btw, though I can see how the piece might not seem impressive.

Thanks for the response. I just also got the blazer and thinking it is not made by Caruso. Can anyone confirm?

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me find the vest that goes with this 100% cotton pinstripe suit? I believe it's from the 2018 collection.
50612b329e153e26b36c030aba67c29c.jpg

Dstorm

Reaction score
That Henley is very nice. I ended up sending the leather aviator back. It didn’t fit my style but looks good.

oceansaway

Reaction score
Maybe I'm getting old and jaded, but RRL has just been seriously Meh for awhile now. Fall, Winter, Spring, hardly anything new or interesting. The few items that have caught my attention are just way too expensive. I will say that the last two summer collections were pretty great (especially summer '18), so hoping for a repeat this summer. Thanks for reading my op-ed.

vintage38

Reaction score
Does anyone own or have tried on the RRL Tan roughout suede Jacket. I was thinking of purchasing one and wanted thoughts on sizing and if you like the jacket as far as fit and comfort. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• s-l400.png
    s-l400.png
    243 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own or have tried on the RRL Tan roughout suede Jacket. I was thinking of purchasing one and wanted thoughts on sizing and if you like the jacket as far as fit and comfort. Thanks in advance.
Maybe I'm getting old and jaded, but RRL has just been seriously Meh for awhile now. Fall, Winter, Spring, hardly anything new or interesting. The few items that have caught my attention are just way too expensive. I will say that the last two summer collections were pretty great (especially summer '18), so hoping for a repeat this summer. Thanks for reading my op-ed.
Well, at least @vintage38 isn't getting old and jaded! :laugh::fistbump:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Be aware it’s relatively light weight suede especially as compared to the similar looking but very heavy ones they had many seasons ago. It’s also a bit stiff and cardboard feeling at first but that goes away. Very off putting at first.

Sizing is as they’d say “normal”. Not oversized and not slim. Fits like other rrl similar style jackets.

I give it a lukewarm thumbs up. I also have a heavy weight one from before but it’s just too heavy forwarmer weather. I like the look and got the new one at a decent price. It’s much more wearable for my use cases.

vintage38

Reaction score
Be aware it’s relatively light weight suede especially as compared to the similar looking but very heavy ones they had many seasons ago. It’s also a bit stiff and cardboard feeling at first but that goes away. Very off putting at first.

Sizing is as they’d say “normal”. Not oversized and not slim. Fits like other rrl similar style jackets.

I give it a lukewarm thumbs up. I also have a heavy weight one from before but it’s just too heavy forwarmer weather. I like the look and got the new one at a decent price. It’s much more wearable for my use cases.
Thanks for the review. I read in another post that it was a very stiff Jacket. Does it soften up alot over time or still have that uncomfortable stiffness ? I love the look but if it's not a comfortable jacket it'll sit in my closet. At such a steep price I wanted to make sure I can get alot of use out of it. Any pics would be greatly appreciated. Also your opinon on price, looks like the going rate is around $1000, almost half from original $1900 but still very steep. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads