• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I would keep the leather jacket and patchwork shirt for sure.
It's a coin flip for me on the chore jacket.
I sort of like the cardigan, but I'd see how it looks without the belt and go from there. I have a thing against belted sweaters.
Popover can go.

Sport coat is probably nice but at the end of the day it just look like a navy sport blazer. Pair with grey slacks, red tie, you could probably infiltrate security at a nice office building.

bensm1th

Reaction score
That's a gorgeous cardigan! Not sure I should hold out for one like that next year. Any idea how often you can get these for 50% off or more? Or do the good patterns sell out before the sales?
I got mine 40 percent off. It would have been impossible to find, but I know someone who does sales for RRL and I called her personally and had her find it for me. A few weeks later they had it marked down to 60 percent off, but my size was gone by then. The good patterns seem to sell out for some items, but the bigger price tags tend to stick around just a little longer.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a gorgeous cardigan! Not sure I should hold out for one like that next year. Any idea how often you can get these for 50% off or more? Or do the good patterns sell out before the sales?
I have a brand new one in medium

McSp

Reaction score
Posted a question about the Wagner Jacket in size M, in the B-S-T thread if anyone is interested!
Thanks

Markfisher702

Reaction score
Ok. So yesterday while browsing at the local shop, I stopped and admired this beautiful RRL wool blend workshirt sweater. My wife gave me a smile which meant "let's at least try it on". I did. Fit great. Felt fantastic. But then.....I snapped the front up. The big snaps are some kind of incredibly light, thin and cheap bottle top metal. I actively disliked them right away. They are far beneath the quality of this piece. It was a shocking contrast to both the brand and this garment. I hope that there's a historical tribute reason for this that some of you will enlighten me on. I'm telling you it was an immediate "hang it back up....never gonna buy this" kind of moment. Sad.
RRLSS200021_a_coloredit_copy_1110x.progressive.jpg
RRLSS200021_a_coloredit_copy_1110x.progressive.jpg

Randelpink

Reaction score
I have the same impressions for the quality (overall, not just the buttons) of my full msrp $1k western sweater from a couple seasons back. Within 2 weeks after purchasing, the tag and one of the buttons fell off from very casual wear/usage. Piles also started very quickly which is normal for sweaters but when I took it back to the store to replace, they said it would just happen again on another sweater. Since I still love the pattern, I decided to keep. But it will be my first and last full msrp rrl item. Love the brand, but most everything seems absurdly overpriced and cheaply made or corners cut in some way or another.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this sweater/pullover? I'm considering purchasing it from a reseller, but have some concerns about the indigo dye and being able to wear it without ruining any light colored shirt I wear under it, any light colored pants I wear with it, or the interior of any jacket I wear over it. I purchased an awesome indigo-dyed RRL sweater a couple years back (with a faded white eagle print on the front), and have yet to wear it once because of how heavy the indigo dye is on it. Literally can't touch the thing without my hands turning blue. Have soaked it in hot water a dozen times, wiped it down with rags until they were covered in blue, and, while it's much better than it was, the damn thing still bleeds when touched. (Boggles my mind why RRL would make a sweater that is so saturated in indigo that it is effectively unwearable).

Anyway, love this pullover and would like to pick it up, but hoping to hear if others have any input on whether RRL did a better job of setting the dye on this one. Also, the care instructions for the sweater say to hand wash, but if this is indigo dyed, I'm not sure how it could ever be washed without destroying the white numbers on it. If anyone has experience actually cleaning something like this, I would love to hear how you did it without ruining it!

View attachment 1337327
Putting this out one more time with the hope that someone here might have experience with this pullover. Would love to hear any insights on how color-fast this is and whether is can safely be washed without having the indigo dye ruin the white letters. Please help!

aquila49

Reaction score
This is probably a long shot, but do any of you Sultans of Style have a line on these RRL Wool Twill Suit Trousers (Style #493928) in Size 30 or 31? And/or the RRL Wool Twill Suit Jacket (Style #493914) in Size Medium? If so, please PM me.

RRL Wool Twill Suit Trousers.jpg

RRL Wool Twill Suit Jacket 02.jpeg

Much thanks!

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
Can we please get at least 20 members to report this POS?

captainshields

Reaction score
Does anybody have one of the RRL shearling eyeglass cases for sale? (Or know where one is in stock) Thanks!

s7-1263881_alternate1

Last edited:

Tyjordan86

Reaction score
Another eBay oddity - when did RRL make this bomber, if ever?? ?? View attachment 1343932
[/https://www.ralphlauren.com/product-archive/leather-trim-shearling-jacket/0039317920.html?SiteId=tZkYzve9Cvk-TxrnBwnLSVjcJXkLg3hXZg&utm_campaign=tZkYzve9Cvk&utm_medium=tZkYzve9Cvk-TxrnBwnLSVjcJXkLg3hXZg&ranSiteID=tZkYzve9Cvk-TxrnBwnLSVjcJXkLg3hXZg&ranMID=37812&ranEAID=tZkYzve9Cvk&utm_source=Affiliate

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads