• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
I have the grey henley in a large and 2 milwaukee low straights (34x34 and 36x32), if anyone is interested.

slam

Reaction score
Guys, still pretty new to the RRL brand, but I like what I see so far. What are they the best at? I know they produce good quality vintage classic work wear. But what is really good during these sales? Sweaters? Denim? Shirts? What goes first?

Also, sizing question. My waist measures about 35.5", and I normally like a 33" size Jean and chino. Some denim I go 32" (hard to button on first couple wears) since it stretches after a few wears. Should I go 32" or 33" in RRL denim?

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this sweater/pullover? I'm considering purchasing it from a reseller, but have some concerns about the indigo dye and being able to wear it without ruining any light colored shirt I wear under it, any light colored pants I wear with it, or the interior of any jacket I wear over it. I purchased an awesome indigo-dyed RRL sweater a couple years back (with a faded white eagle print on the front), and have yet to wear it once because of how heavy the indigo dye is on it. Literally can't touch the thing without my hands turning blue. Have soaked it in hot water a dozen times, wiped it down with rags until they were covered in blue, and, while it's much better than it was, the damn thing still bleeds when touched. (Boggles my mind why RRL would make a sweater that is so saturated in indigo that it is effectively unwearable).

Anyway, love this pullover and would like to pick it up, but hoping to hear if others have any input on whether RRL did a better job of setting the dye on this one. Also, the care instructions for the sweater say to hand wash, but if this is indigo dyed, I'm not sure how it could ever be washed without destroying the white numbers on it. If anyone has experience actually cleaning something like this, I would love to hear how you did it without ruining it!

s7-1284080_lifestyle.jpg

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, still pretty new to the RRL brand, but I like what I see so far. What are they the best at? I know they produce good quality vintage classic work wear. But what is really good during these sales? Sweaters? Denim? Shirts? What goes first?

Also, sizing question. My waist measures about 35.5", and I normally like a 33" size Jean and chino. Some denim I go 32" (hard to button on first couple wears) since it stretches after a few wears. Should I go 32" or 33" in RRL denim?

RRL is best known for their jeans and cardigans.

Their jeans are vanity sized so a size 32 generally measures 34" in the waist. I'd go for a 33 with your waist.

slam

Reaction score
RRL is best known for their jeans and cardigans.

Their jeans are vanity sized so a size 32 generally measures 34" in the waist. I'd go for a 33 with your waist.

Thank you! Ordered a cashmere cardigan and some jeans to test out. I've been a naked and famous guy for the last few years so curious to see how they compare.

Edit: they had a nice striped cardigan with a belt that I was thinking about and sold out. Looked nice and thick and chunky.

Last edited:

vintage38

Reaction score
Bought a pair of these Jean's a few days ago on the site sale. Didn't realize it had the rear buckle., which I'm not a fan of. Anyone know if it can be removed, without damaging the Jean's. Thanks in advance. s7-1346068_alternate18.jpeg s7-1346068_alternate1.jpeg

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL indigo t shirt...but really just showing off this RgT jacket. Dope as hell imo

20200215_180434.jpg

vintage38

Reaction score
Same. Mine hasn't shipped. I ordered a pair of the gray denim.
Funny thing, I bought a couple jackets this morning and they just sent me a notice that they shipped. And the pieces I bought a few days ago after the big drop haven't got any notice yet. I hope it's not a sign I'm not getting that order. Anyone else receive a shipping notice from the big sale?

henryfool3

Reaction score
Funny thing, I bought a couple jackets this morning and they just sent me a notice that they shipped. And the pieces I bought a few days ago after the big drop haven't got any notice yet. I hope it's not a sign I'm not getting that order. Anyone else receive a shipping notice from the big sale?

I actually wrote them. Was told it's being processed. We'll see.

Tyjordan86

Reaction score
The same exact thing happened here.. with 2 shirts I bought yesterday I’ve received the shipping info already. None from the sale

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads