1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. 00bam

00bam Senior member

to captainshields...last year with the faded olive straight fits i ordered 2 (wish i could have ordered more) in the same exact size because i knew of qc and one of them was definitely a shorter inseam it was ok while standing up but when sitting and stuff it was too short...also that pair was noticeably slightly tighter in the thigh as well i ended up returning both because i wanted to see more but there was none left as they dont make hardly any of that size (which i think they should make more of) anyways i usually wear 501s and the one that was shorter inseam was shorter than my usual 501s that i wear (which are a 30 inseam) i think rrl needs to stock more of the 31 sizes actually any of the ones that are usually like 2 in stock from the jump on the website needs to make more...idk i would say sit and try em on for a while and see...it does seem as tho rrl's 30 inseams could be 29s or something because on ebay i see them listed at 28 and some regular just like on the tag says 30s....also when i got the repaired denim both 31 30s were slightly shorter than usual as tho thats how they were meant to be they were kinda boxy but not baggy...and the 31s were on the tighter side i needed to check out a 32 probably woulda went with those but ended up returning them..

2. n-domino

n-domino Senior member

Does anyone have any issues with the buttons prematurely falling off the chinos? This is occurring on my officer's chinos and they are only on their fourth wear. Needless to say, this is rather disappointing - especially for $180 pants.

3. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

It's a premium feature. Mine fell off right when I got them, too.

4. Seamus Quirk

Seamus Quirk New Member

The Melrose store for sure has some slim rigids made of Japanese denim right now. Just copped a pair.

5. Bonney

Bonney Senior member

I think they are a bit short, in the limit of being too short, in my opinion when they fall like 0.5 from the floor is usually right

6. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

The fabric is so damn rigid that my button threads either stretch or break when I need to take them on and off

7. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

So you're saying they aren't too short? haha

8. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

I think you can stick to the same size as empire. Its a pretty full cut.

9. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

I think the LE Cadet is denser/thicker.

10. captainshields

That cadet jacket looks awesome. Crazy expensive though.

11. ispace

ispace Senior member

New shawl-collar denim workshirt looks interesting. Looks like it's selvedge too, although the description doesn't mention it.

Received the Jackson Frontier workshirt. It's lightweight cotton selvedge, though the subtle selvedge line is only on one inside placket, not the gussets! The days of selvedge under collars, cuffs and pockets are long gone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. captainshields

Love the look of that. Is it a small by any chance? If so, could you post the pit to pit and length measurement?

13. ispace

ispace Senior member

It's a Medium, I can post measurements later tonight if it will help?

14. blufox

blufox Active Member

25% Off Sale at Ralph Lauren, to bad RRL not included :(

1 person likes this.
  15. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

Which is bullshit because it doesn't say RRL is excluded in the details.

16. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

Color is richer/brighter and looks better in person than in these photos.

17. captainshields

I like the way the shirt looks in those photos a lot more than the super bright blue color on the site. Was hopin the site photos were wrong :/

18. blufox

blufox Active Member

I noticed that too, but same thing happened for that spend 500 receive 150 off, it didnt say RRL at first on the disclaimer. I guess until somebody complained.

19. ispace

ispace Senior member

Yes you're right, photos taken indoors at night so white balance is off (see price tag). How is this?

[​IMG]

20. yusuke

yusuke Senior member

Apologies in advance if this was asked before. Does anyone know the difference between RRLs with this tag? The tags I see on the denim at the RRL store are very different with the waist and inseam printed on them.

[​IMG]