1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

what wash are these?

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Don't look like a RL wash to me. Looks like he bought them raw and beat the hell out of them. This is the way it should be done.

1 person likes this.
  3. underwood

underwood Active Member

Yeah. Hoitl1981 has it right. Wore 'em pretty solid for awhile. Although for two of the years I had them I was living in Bermuda, so they didn't see much wear during the summertime.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  4. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Great fades, underwood

I live a
    - Suit four days a week
    - Trousers on Friday
    - Denim/chinos on weekends Fall through Spring, with shorts during the summer

Kind of life.... Honestly, I sometimes question whether I can achieve fades like this or if I should just buy some fitted washed denim from RRL or even brands like J Crew, Polo, Black Label Denim and just be done with it.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I have a similar pattern. I think buying pre-distressed defeats the purpose of buying high end denim but to each his own.

6. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

Shoulder fits similar to the empire. Arms and shoulder area are thick enough to layer flannel and waffle shirt underneath if wanted, which is a plus for me. I like slim fitting jeans but I hate slim/thin/tight fitting shoulder/arms. Also, its pretty stiff so it holds its shape well.

7. blufox

blufox Active Member

I may order this sooner then later, have the Empire in small wasnt sure if I needed to size up or not, as it looks slimmer fitting.

8. BHK666

BHK666 Senior member

I am pleased with mine, as well. Pretty rigid out of the box, but I am a big guy (went XL), and it fits nicely. Imagining it will be pretty sweet after breaking in somewhat.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. blufox

blufox Active Member

How dark is the indigo in person, it looks lighter here then on the site.

10. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

Great looking coat. I wonder how it compares to the LE Cadet coat. The twill looks like it could be similar. I do like the lining on the cadet coat, even if I prefer the cut of the Farley.

11. BHK666

BHK666 Senior member

Prolly a tad darker than the picture, bc I used a flash. It is a nice, deep, dark blue.

12. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Stupid question.
    What is the "correct" length for denim that isn't meant to be cuffed?
    I am short and technically I'm like a 29" inseam, but I usually up that at least 3" and cuff.
    I recently got a pair with a 29" inseam and I love the wash but I'm not crazy about not being able to cuff. (They go just about to the floor with bare feet).
    Is this an acceptable length or would the general consensus be they are too short?

13. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I think the amount of break you like and whether or not you want to cuff is entirely up to personal preference. Unless it's some ridiculous bagginess on the bottom it's really up to you.

I used to get all my pants tailored but now I much prefer just cuffing them to different length depending on the mood or outfit I'm in.

14. prajna12

prajna12 Senior member

Operman, if I usually wear a 34 RRL you think I should go down to the 32 on these? Even the 33 are measuring 37". I'd like a fit like you have tho, pretty slim.

15. captainshields

When you got them hemmed, what determined where they were hemmed? I'm just curious if it's similar to dress pants or not.

16. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

My tailor would ask how much break I wanted and he also had a picture hanging up of different breaks. Slight/half/full break.

Since I'm on the shorter end of the spectrum I tend to cuff my pants with no break, sometimes looking like highwaters, to create the illusion that I'm taller. And I like for my socks to be seen.

17. captainshields

I just can't tell if these are "too short" or not as I've always had jeans long enough to cuff.
    This is about how they sit.

[​IMG]

18. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

That doesn't look too short at all. I would cuff those once or twice if I wore them. I think the consensus is the slimmer the pants the less break you can get away with. Or no break at all.

19. captainshields

Cool.
    Ya, they are pretty light and I might where them in the summer with boat shoes and cuff them up so they are a few inches up my ankle (highwater style). It's killing me not cuffing them at all! haha
    thanks for the input man.

20. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

im super bummed about these stillwater wash and they won't let me exchange for rigid since i used that fake code :/

they're just not for me. but ill sell them to someone. they're a 34 waist.