1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

How long is your break in? I've never had a pair of RRL size up 2 after breaking them in.

2. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Well-Known Member

Up 2 from tag size which +1 from as bought….break in typically 3-6 months until first "wash" - after initial soak depending on denim and use

In my experience, RRL are vanity sized +1 to begin with - pretty much all of em from Denim to Chinos to the Wools - and its not uncommon to get up to an extra inch, regardless of brand. Chinos stretching the least, then denim, then wools (bought two pair at 31, now both measure ~33.5).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  3. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Senior member

Sizing down a half size is your best bet IMO.

4. Bonney

Bonney Senior member

Zara is terrible

5. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

While we're on the subject of leather, my RRL Chesterfield bag had its maiden voyage this past weekend. It easily holds a folded over garment bag plus 3-5 days worth of clothing and fits nicely in the overhead compartment. The leather is very soft and smells great.

[​IMG]

I was looking for a new pair of grey jeans and grabbed these rigids from feebay. They resemble the special edition pair I've seen around recently, but have a black RRL patch and no fancy detailing or tags. The denim is rough and slubby outside and soft on the inside. Anyone know what season they're from?

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Jeans look nice. Are they from the Behslashalassaaaah seller? More pics?

7. runyourchain

runyourchain Senior member

Yeah please more pics and info on those grey denim.

8. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

Right on guys. Yes they are from seller Benihanasshlalahaba. Here are a couple pics. Great charcoal grey color and loving the black patch. Yes that is bbq sauce on the leg :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They run big, not sure if this is normal for rigids. These in a 32 are the same (if not a tiny bit bigger) as my one wash in 33. Do you guys hot soak your rigids? They are pretty stiff and I wouldn't want to blow out the crotch or anything. I might be able to shrink them a tiny bit if the water was hot enough.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  9. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Last year starting April 4 they had the 25% of Give In Style event. Anybody heard anything yet?

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

@opermann where did you get the chesterfield? the bay?

11. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Senior member

Are these labeled as slim fit on the inner pocket?

12. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

Yes. I saw it at the Chicago store a season or two ago and remember how great it looked. The post-Christmas prices were right, I was in the market for a bag, so I jumped. The zipper is a vintage Talon--thought that was a cool detail.

Yes, they are. Japanese denim, all that.

13. Sym

Sym Senior member

Anyone buy the Farley during the 65%? Thoughts?

14. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

does anyone have the LS Stillwater wash?

thoughts?

not sure if i like em. think i prefer the rigid.

15. blacksamurai30

blacksamurai30 Well-Known Member

Hey guys! Im really interested in picking up the M39 Varsity with the lightning bolt patch on it. I was wondering if theres any chance that there will be a sale in the near future that will include it? Im new to RRL as a brand. Thank you!

16. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

NOT a fan of these at all. going to try and exchange for the straight rigid (keeping the LS rigid but sizing down).

17. underwood

underwood Active Member

Hope no one gets offended that I'm putting these here. Thought people might want to see a quick pic of some beat in RRLs. These are about three years old. Two washes in the tub. Pics are before the third wash which I did last night. Then it's to the tailor for some patching on the blown out crotch. RRL low straight 34x34. Also, they're extra dirty from a full day of yard work yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  18. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

Nice dark indigo. One of the better pieces they offered this year. Weight is good enough for spring and early fall.

19. blufox

blufox Active Member

Hows it fit? compared to say an Empire?

20. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

lol why would anyone be offended? what this thread needs is less bickering and more pics. props man they look great. i assume you are having that crotch reinforced before you do more yard work? :)

2 people like this.