1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I have a pair of the slate blues. Think they was advertised on the site as being quite heavyweight - like 15/16oz or something - definitely doesn't seem that heavy. They are really nice but, although slim fit, I had to have them tapered and the waist taken in slightly - they were a looser fit than my regular slims.

2. 90shilling

90shilling Senior member

Thanks, this is helpful. I bought a pair in my normal waist size and also found it to be slightly bigger than normal in the waist but good in the thighs. Glad to hear that after 3 months wear yours has not stretched. My experience with selvedge denim is to usually choose a waist size that is borderline too tight because it will stretch with wear.

3. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

after much of trying and never thing, I will be selling my rigid slim fit. these are the older ones that still use the Japan weave. they have been washed twice. will be on the market soon.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ sorry to hear that man what made you decide to sell? Those are some of my all time favorite jeans and def bang for buck. Gl with sale

5. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

i went TTS on those and it's really tight, plus my huge calf always get in the way while wearing them. however, i have to say tho RRL jeans is probably one of the best out there.

I am thinking pick up a slim straight or size up on those and see if it will fit better....

@namor, I thought you said a while ago that you sold off your slim fit because you didn't like the fit?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

lol i did sell my first pair and then bought another in tts. when i purchased my first pair, RRL attendant told me to suck it up and size down to (33) which i did but they never stretched much in the thigh and leg so it was uncomfortable still after a few months of wear. then tried my luck with tts and fits like a dream. waist slightly big but nothing a belt doesnt remedy

7. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

My experience, a tag 34 is 36" IRL, a tag 33 is 35", huge seat on top. Then they stretch 1" minimum, likely 1.5". There is a dedicated thread some place here.
    Size down 2-3 sizes from your real waist measurement, if yours is 34, get a tag 31, etc.

8. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

What size are they?

9. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

10. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

I have these as well. Couple things:
    - They are definitely NOT 15oz+ - I would say more like 13.5 if that.
    - The fabric is great, though a little more grainy vs slubby. But I like that
    - The fit, as others have mentioned, runs a little large. I decided to size TTS (which in RRL is like sizing up most of the time) and had the waist taken in about 1". Now they are 98% perfect. I'm happy with that decision since I'm tall and the low rise meant it gave me extra room
    - The color looks great on its own, but is challenging to pair. I haven't quite figured out what to wear it with yet. Most of my standard blue oxfords clash with it, and plaids are even harder. I've been going with basic greys, which is fine, but kind of boring. Curious what other people have done here.

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Yeah I would agree - probably less than 13.5oz. Really nice fabric though. I have been wearing them with dark shoes/boots and navy sweaters over the winter. Not sure what I'll wear with them over the summer - maybe white/grey button downs?

12. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Anybody have some old RRL hang tags they would sell? The more the better.
    I'm a graphic designer and I love the branding on all the different tags.

Send me a message!

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

what are hang tags?

14. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

looks like someone cleaned up most of the good items from woodbury. Any dark wash jeans were gone and the only thing worth noting was suiting being 75% off. Very few sizes though

15. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Did you buy anything?

16. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

Just a button down and pin striped vest. And a pair of jeans for my lady friend

17. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Vest sounds awesome. Photos?

18. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

I heard that all the jeans hit 75% off PSR store on Friday only +20% coupon, and goldlabel wiped out men's section with their 4 brothers. Limit there is 50 per person, per transaction. They go first thing in the morning and last thing at night when managers switch shifts. They easily hauled away 400-500 pieces that day.

19. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Holy shit.

That's how they do the business? Why would the store want to do 75% off just for one day?

20. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Probably to meet some sort of quota for the week/month. As goldlabel was cleaning them out, employees were restocking the shelves with more RRL icon jeans and bucklebacks. Now that there is nothing left, they must have gotten the majority of what was in the back room.

Last year same weekend, they listed about 250-300 pieces of Slim Bootcuts in Rinse and Rigid.