1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

To add to the confusion, some ppl have received their ground orders. Just Blaze, probably one of the biggest spenders using that code, got a ton of stuff delivered today. A lot of expensive home items.

2. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

The thing that pisses me off is that almost everything I was hoping to buy at some point in my size (s) is completely sold out now because all the resellers bought everything in the popular sizes with the leaked code...this keeps getting more and more frustrating

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  3. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

Yup like that dixon fleece. Oh well....

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Probably no one would sue, but it's just not worth their hassle. Also, they can't make, that argument after they've shipped, since they've accepted the offer at that point. Something that is electronic only, like a currency transaction, maybe, but not something physical.

5. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Got the item I wanted most today.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

I was debating on that jacket for a long time but decided against it because I've seen better for similar price point by the real mccoy.

7. ispace

ispace Senior member

And another thing about the selvedge shirts: why do they hide the gussets in the photos? They purposely fold them back for both the front and back shots. Some of those other $295 shirts may also be selvedge but we'd never know it (banded-collar railman shirt?); just like the indigo Clydes are selvedge and are not described as such on the site. Crazy.

8. astropiccolo

astropiccolo New Member

I sent query about the matter to RalphLauren.com customer service and received following reply: "Our Slim-Fit Denim features our selvedge denim woven in the Cone Denim "White Oak" mill in Greensboro, North Carolina. These jeans are of the hightest quality and authenticity".

About possible difference on sizing between Japanese denim and Cone Mills denim I didn't get any information. Does any one have personal experience on that?

I know this is probably not a right place to ask following, but if someone just happened to have a new/unworn pair of RRL Slim Fit (Once Washed) Japanese denim in size 28/32 for sale, would you please let me know. Thanks!

9. rosie-ro

rosie-ro New Member

Hi all,

Having a clear out and came across this:[​IMG][​IMG]

I listed it for sale on ebay but in hindsight I should have done some research. Can anybody tell me anything about it and what it is likely worth? I think it was bought at Mount Street some years ago.

Thanks in advance!

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah shrinkage was not enough for me in waist. ordered a 30 and normally get all RRL pants in 28. had to have it taken in an additional inch after hot soaking 2 times. shrinkage through leg and and length but nothing much in the waist

11. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

^Agree with the above.....Little shrinkage and even with drying on high heat have always stretched out again and always in the top block...Most of my experience is pre "Cone".

Good luck.

12. runyourchain

runyourchain Senior member

Got these for my lil bro. If they dont fit him they are gonna be up for grabs. I wear low straight but he wears his baggy so i grabbed these.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

Damn ok thanks, if I exchange that means RL will charge me full price on new pair?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

No. The original terms would have to be honored.

15. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

16. 00bam

00bam Senior member

which ones are those? Where did you get them?

17. runyourchain

runyourchain Senior member

Iron core straight leg 28x32. Looks like they might be available. Lil dudes a moron "im not wearing fake lo to school"

"Fake 'Lo" he's getting slapped when I see him.

1 person likes this.
  18. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Last time I exchanged something online from RL I just filled out the exchange form and shipped it back.
    They refunded the original and did a separate charge for the new one when it shipped. The new charge was identical to the first even though the sale had long passed.
    It took over 3 weeks from the time I sent in the original to when I received the replacement.
    YMMV

19. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

3 weeks??? It's very possible these LE STFs won't even be around in 3 weeks let alone in the size someone wants to exchange for, I suppose they refund if the size you want is OoS? Getting back their original 65% off item and relisting it for full price...

20. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I've learned never to use the prepaid USPS shipping labels if one wants a speedy return or exchange. It's some special return service and it takes forever. You're better off paying the postage yourself unless it's a heavy parcel.