• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh and once you know what you like, you can always find slim boot on ebay for cheap, low straight somewhat for cheap, though raw slim fit never goes on ebay for cheap (at least not in my size when I was still searching for it back then)

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you taper the Slim Bootcut, how close in fit are they compared to the Slim Fit?

Ghost01

Reaction score
So avoid the slim fits if I have no ass and am a skinny mofo? I need to make some decisions as to what exactly i'm purchasing, I ca'n't figure out what pair of denim, if any, I even want.
I have no ass and i'm I a skinny mofo but i prefer the slimfit.

Buy some chinos, but then again you get into the Officers/Regulation discussion......

Trimalchio

Reaction score
If you taper the Slim Bootcut, how close in fit are they compared to the Slim Fit?
I've done that once on the Wheat wash from a few years back. It worked really well. It's kind of up to you on how much you want to taper - I brought in my low straights and told the guy to match the leg opening. So I'd say it's a little wider than a slim fit would have been, the extreme effect of the flare is gone. It's probably one of my favorite pairs of jeans now because it's a more balanced fit for my build. In general, I find slim fit too tapered for my me because I have enormous calves..

XIAN UK

Reaction score

Slimmer than slim fit. I have 3 pairs in slim fit. All in 32. and one in slim boot, in a 32. it's quite a bit tighter all over.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Slimmer than slim fit. I have 3 pairs in slim fit. All in 32. and one in slim boot, in a 32. it's quite a bit tighter all over.

Hmm. I wear 29 in both Slim and Slim bootcut and the Bootcut ones have a little more room in them than the Slims (of which i only wear rigid). Even broken in the rigid doesnt have as much room in the waste/thighs as the bootcut ones.

XIAN UK

Reaction score

Hmm. I wear 29 in both Slim and Slim bootcut and the Bootcut ones have a little more room in them than the Slims (of which i only wear rigid). Even broken in the rigid doesnt have as much room in the waste/thighs as the bootcut ones.

these were seasonal washes not rigids

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've done that once on the Wheat wash from a few years back. It worked really well. It's kind of up to you on how much you want to taper - I brought in my low straights and told the guy to match the leg opening. So I'd say it's a little wider than a slim fit would have been, the extreme effect of the flare is gone. It's probably one of my favorite pairs of jeans now because it's a more balanced fit for my build. In general, I find slim fit too tapered for my me because I have enormous calves.. 

Did your tailor taper it from the inseam? I want to taper a pair of slim bootcuts but want to keep the selvedge outseam. Not sure if tailoring it from the inseam would throw off the shape of the lower leg.

Joserosalesz

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a private sale going on at RRL?
My SA seems to not be helping me lately.
I purchased some low straights wore them about 5-10 times and the stitching in the pocket is already coming off, she said she'll talk to her manager, called her today and she said we would call back.

I need the Slim fit Khakis should I size up on them (Slim Fit Faded Khaki Denim)? Im a 32X20 Low Straight, I love the fit, but kind of too baggy.

Please Somebody Respond :'(

Trimalchio

Reaction score
Did your tailor taper it from the inseam? I want to taper a pair of slim bootcuts but want to keep the selvedge outseam. Not sure if tailoring it from the inseam would throw off the shape of the lower leg.
I tailored from the inseam. That's obviously the only way to do it and not mess with the selvedge. I did it at denim doctors in LA who are terrific, if a bit pricey (I believe it cost me around $60, but it was a couple years ago). I don't notice anything being off about the shape of the leg. But I didn't extremely taper them - just did enough to remove the extreme bootcut flare. My experience was good and if I ever came across a pair of slim bootcuts in a wash I like, I'd do the same thing again.

Trimalchio

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a private sale going on at RRL?
My SA seems to not be helping me lately.
I purchased some low straights wore them about 5-10 times and the stitching in the pocket is already coming off, she said she'll talk to her manager, called her today and she said we would call back.

I need the Slim fit Khakis should I size up on them (Slim Fit Faded Khaki Denim)? Im a 32X20 Low Straight, I love the fit, but kind of too baggy.

Please Somebody Respond :'(
The stitching that connects the pocket to the body of the jeans or just the pocket detailing? The detailing comes off eventually, in fact on some of the extremely distressed washes it's gone/fraying in certain parts. That's kind of part of the RRL "look." But if you're unhappy with it, I'm sure a SA will replace - they've always been good about service when it comes to those things.

No experience with Khakis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics