• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

david3558

Reaction score
I have some questions for you experts here:

• Firstly, whom makes the shoes/boots for RRL? I see the Wingtips are crafted in England (C&J?) and the Chukkas are made in the USA.
  • Second, how do the shoes compare to the standard RL offerings - and sizing?
  • Lastly, what would be the top 3 must-buy's from RRL? (I hear the Officer Chinos are great!)

Thanks so much! :slayer:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

• Firstly, whom makes the shoes/boots for RRL? I see the Wingtips are crafted in England (C&J?) and the Chukkas are made in the USA.
  • Lastly, what would be the top 3 must-buy's from RRL? (I hear the Officer Chinos are great!)

Thanks so much! :slayer:

Some speculation about the longwings.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/120192/the-official-rrl-thread/14040#post_6184967

Trimalchio

Reaction score

Thanks so much!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
My favorite piece is a pair of rigid or one washed jeans. Pick whatever cut fits you best. I like the Straights or Low Straights.

Last edited:

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks a bunch for the link to your post. What do you think of the quality if they were to be from Cheaney/Church's?

The quality would be very good. The Ralph markup would be spectacular. If you're looking for calf, you'd be better off purchasing some longwings from Cheaney / Church's / Alden directly, without the RL markup. However, in a sale the RL could be a very good price indeed.

Just my $0.02.

david3558

Reaction score

The quality would be very good. The Ralph markup would be spectacular. If you're looking for calf, you'd be better off purchasing some longwings from Cheaney / Church's / Alden directly, without the RL markup. However, in a sale the RL could be a very good price indeed.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks for your suggestion - yes I may have access to some good discounts coming up but... I'm unsure about sizing.

1 x slim-fit rigid
1 x slim-fit once-washed
1 x slim-fit rinsed

All Japanese denims.

I can't find a size chart for these, do you know where I might find it? It seems like Context used to carry them...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...138267&ab=ln_men_cs2_chinos&parentPage=family

slightly off topic, but do you still size down 2 in this one like the older ones (my old officer chino got black ink stain on it that I can't get rid off)? Are these a bit pre-distressed or it was just there for the photo effect. When I bought my old one new (28x32) it looked like it was pressed with a steam roller.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for your suggestion - yes I may have access to some good discounts coming up but... I'm unsure about sizing.
I can't find a size chart for these, do you know where I might find it? It seems like Context used to carry them...

If you have a large calf, skip slim fit, go for low straight or straight if you like higher raise. I haven't bought any RRL in a long time, but it used to be I always size down 2 i.e. if I am true waist 30 I will buy 28. Looks like it's not always the case these days though...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Just my $0.02.

Agree with what Hoit said.

I got a pair of the Cheaney RRL Bowery boots on sale for something like $450 last year. They're nice enough for that price but I honestly wouldn't pay much more for them.
Sizing is kind of funky on them too. It's a fairly high volume/wide last but also short.
I went Barrie last size in them. I have plenty of width but length is just barely enough.
The bulbous shape of the last also makes the Barrie look sleek in comparison.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, I was just under the impression RL doesn't allow their authorized resellers to post pictures/listings up on ebay.

Nice selection they have BTW.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah yes, I was just under the impression RL doesn't allow their authorized resellers to post pictures/listings up on ebay.

Nice selection they have BTW.

Yeah they're great huh. Awesome photos. I think they're a brick&mortar somewhere in London Town. I guess the RL lawyering machine just hasn't caught up with them yet...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads