1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Forgot the URL: http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/...g_items/218121

Here's the ultimate RRL item.

Win an RRL teepee from the Pink Pony Charity Auction being held now through Oct 21. The high bidder gets this hand painted, hand made teepee to put up on their very own spread.

"Own your own authentic tepee, inspired by those on the grounds of Ralph Lauren's celebrated RRL Ranch in Colorado's Rocky Mountains. This tepee features traditional hand-painting by Santa Fe artist Billy Valenzuela and is hand-crated with heavy-duty water repellent canvas and reinforced with waxed buffalo hide. It's 18' in diameter and comes with 17 tepee poles (each 24' long). Ropes, stakes, lacing pins and door cover are also included. Should be used only in mild weather"”not meant for extreme conditions year-round."

The proceeds for this item benefit Ralph Lauren Pink Pony Fund

The current bid is $ 1,500 US. Good luck and happy bidding!!

Oh, and all items can not be re-sold or re-auctioned.

2. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

oboy_oboy,

google.co.jp is your friend. Just search for RRL and you will come across lots of stores selling RRL. The MSRP in Japan is ridiculous (2-3 times as expensive) so there are lots of stores who buy from the US and resell in Japan. There are some stores that clearly just buy from eBay, but a decent amount that have pics of pieces from all the latest collections.

I'm headed to NYC today, guess i chose a good time w/ the 25% sale going on. Probably gonna drain my bank account big time.

Many thanks. I now have a new internet black hole to throw myself down. Go easy on the wallet in NYC!

3. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

4. madstaxbro

madstaxbro Senior member

Oh, and all items can not be re-sold or re-auctioned.

[​IMG]

5. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

Oi Polloi recently added pics as well. Some pieces from Lighthouse which has arrived in the some of the US shops, but not put out for sale (probably after the Oct 11 sale end date). Most likely gonna get that indigo cardigan, they had a similar version in a pullover for Shipyard that I regret picking up.

http://www.oipolloi.com/brands/DoubleRL-307.html

For those of you looking for winter coats, I got to see the ones from Lighthouse: peacoat, duffle, and deck jacket (similar to Mr. Freedom one w/ hook closure front but nylon outer shell and a detachable hood).

6. azif

azif Senior member

Anyone want to proxy me some oxfords to Australia? PM me with price

7. acl1

acl1 Senior member

Oi Polloi recently added pics as well. Some pieces from Lighthouse which has arrived in the some of the US shops, but not put out for sale (probably after the Oct 11 sale end date). Most likely gonna get that indigo cardigan, they had a similar version in a pullover for Shipyard that I regret picking up.

http://www.oipolloi.com/brands/DoubleRL-307.html

For those of you looking for winter coats, I got to see the ones from Lighthouse: peacoat, duffle, and deck jacket (similar to Mr. Freedom one w/ hook closure front but nylon outer shell and a detachable hood).

Man, they were going crazy over these knits on FL. you cant really blame them though, RRL knits are so effin solid.

8. el duderino

Man, they were going crazy over these knits on FL. you cant really blame them though, RRL knits are so effin solid.

Yeah, the Lighthouse ones are really nice: cable knits, shawl collars, and roll neck. I'll post pics of what I bought later next week.

9. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Question for you RRL guys. What clothing manufacturer is most similar to RRL in terms of fit, construction and overall quality? I don't necessarily mind paying RRL prices and I'm looking for an alternative to RRL.

TIA.

10. whodini

whodini Senior member

Question for you RRL guys. What clothing manufacturer is most similar to RRL in terms of fit, construction and overall quality? I don't necessarily mind paying RRL prices and I'm looking for an alternative to RRL. TIA.
    But you also mean in terms of aesthetic, right? Sugar Cane, Stevenson Overalls, Post O'alls come to mind but there are several other Japanese companies on a similar wavelength. For US brands, EG and Woolrich Woolen are also up there. I just have a hard time grouping these together because aesthetically they're fairly different from each other and from RRL which tends to take a few more chances.

11. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

But you also mean in terms of aesthetic, right?

Sugar Cane, Stevenson Overalls, Post O'alls come to mind but there are several other Japanese companies on a similar wavelength. For US brands, EG and Woolrich Woolen are also up there. I just have a hard time grouping these together because aesthetically they're fairly different from each other and from RRL which tends to take a few more chances.

+1 and adding Mr. Freedom. RRL is in its own space. They have the $$, design and manufacturing resources to do so many different and experimental things. It's really a unique brand.

12. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

thanks for the info, guys.

13. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

[​IMG] Pacman Jones wearing RRL right before he gets arrested...

14. whodini

whodini Senior member

Not enough swagger.

15. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Any new pics of Light House or anything ?

16. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Is Lighthouse in stores yet?

17. el duderino

18. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

The naval shawl cardi is dope

19. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

I haven't seen it in the RRL NY shops yet, oddly.

20. eglbc

eglbc Senior member