1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Sym

Sym Senior member

How much have they stretched? How's the color in person? I've seen them listed as olive but look grey to me, I've also seen some pics where they look like denim/indigo.

Also, for anyone interested I've seen this in person and the color isn't as vibrant as the pics, it was more washed out and faded.
    [​IMG]

2. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

Haven't got many chances to wear them so I can't comment on the stretch but they are indeed an olive color. I actually just ran them through a gentle wash because they were so stiff the button on the fly wouldn't come undone without some serious elbow grease

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

funnykoreandude

man i would instakop the clydes if i didnt have to drop another $30-$40 to slim down the leg

1 person likes this.
  4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

@tag worked! yeah they are 10.8oz. 10.8oz trousers are stiff enough to wear if you through them on the floor and then come back in a day, the pants will have retained the same shape.

9.3? oz have more drape and resemble a heavy twill. softer hand to the fabric

5. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior member

When I'm in the New York area I reach out to see if they have anything good. I don't get shipment info. In fact, I'm pretty sure they don't know of shipments until they open the boxes.

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

:) sorry just trollin

theres a handful of guys who own the rigid clydes. i wear mine pretty often. i think i have some pics up way back though. waist has stretched (just like all my rrl pants)

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I lol'ed too. You just beat me to snarky response. Tisk

8. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

I have one on the way I'll post pics tomm once it arrives

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

[​IMG]

So, these olive buckle back chinos are Clydes? They look like the same cut as officers chinos. I wonder if they exist in 30x34...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  10. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Bunch of new stuff came in at woodbury today. 32 -36 buckle backs about 6 pairs and some sweaters. They also had these denim cargo pre distressed jeans iv never seen. Belts were in abundance as well as new bags. All this was brought out while I was there. They rearranged the back 2 walls. I bought my girl 2 pairs of jeans ..1 brown with a black dye to it and another pre distressed for $67 total. Sale is 50-75% lowest tagged plus the 25% coupon I posted. I'll get photos up tomorrow during round 2 . The accessory store had this RRL luggage type bag that was pretty awesome..4 of those which was being sensored while I was leaving along with leather braided suspenders. They also had these 2 purple label side sips that I almost bought but that would have ended my shopping to early...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  11. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

I was there yesterday and there was no sale.
    I have the worst timing.

Those denim cargo pants were there last night.

They had fisherman's bag that I really wanted but it was around $500 and not on sale.

12. ajdesa

ajdesa Well-Known Member

13. captainshields

14. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

Any Mens Denim? slim fit especially?

15. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Not to many other than the cords and a handful mixed in. I'm heading back now so ill get a better look because yesterday I was doing quick hits of must haves .

16. captainshields

There were a few shelves full Thursday night. But they were all straights. I was looking for slims too.

17. ChasingBobby

Thanks. saves me an HR+ trip...

18. captainshields

In your guys' experience does rrl denim stretch in the waist over time?

I have 2 pair that I love the wash on but the waist is just a little tight. I've worn them probably 10-15 times each without any noticeable stretch.

Also, on slim fits I find it really hard to get my hands or anything else into the front pockets...is this normal or just me?

Debating whether to keep them or not.
    Is there any way to speed the process along?

thanks!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  19. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

20. ChasingBobby

Either he is a Collector or selling all of his Dad items...which is terrible