1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

FWIW, I've had no problems buying from the_denim_vault, nothing but excellent customer service and great attention to the details. Contrast that with some other sellers I've dealt with that provided careless, incorrect measurements and even sent out wrong items. Anyways, I think if anyone has issues please keep it to PM cause the last thing we need in this thread is another shitplosion.

1 person likes this.
  2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Back on topic, checked out new trousers and jeans today

@randomkoreandude white officer chino is super nice, off white selvedge fabric with lots of slub. Will be buying during first sale. Forgot to check if it has selvedge line

Indigo Clyde - feels like the cone mills duck but a little more raw, selvedge line. Probably will get

New olives - color seems really nice, denim good but not anything special. Like green so will probably get. Was told only 200 pairs? Not sure if accurate

Stf - really liked the denim and details, might have to buy this retail depending on stock

Limited edition herringbone ww2 grenadier trouser - liked the idea but just seems like bulky cargo, similar or same herringbone as last falls officer

Limited vest with ww2 fabric - SA showed it to me thought is was a pretty clean design

Camo limited edition stuff seemed a bit iffy and nothing special

3. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Goldlabel is great, I often buy from them and flip, but their cheap prices are the reason they have very little RRL and focus on other brands. What does "its eBay" mean? Ebay isnt the flea market it used to be, better get used to paying good money for RRL if you are going to keep wearing it, or shop the annual sales. Why would anyone sell something for little profit if other buyers are willing to pay more? It doesnt make sense. Ive had countless buyers tell me they are poor college students or have a kid on the way and think that will get them discounts looking at $300 jeans. Sorry, live within your means, RL/RRL isnt for everyone. We are not walmart or amazon, little profits wont float 500k in inventory. Come off it with your liberal sensibilities.

4. RRL CLOTHING

Ah man lightning edit fml. Mobile dbl fmlAnyway back OT.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  5. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Love this thread. Classic stuff today. A+

2 people like this.
  6. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

I picked up my Indigo Clydes last weekend but haven't been able to take any pics yet unfortunately. The fabric is gorgeous. I think you can get the same style in an off white fabric too. They're really hard to describe but they had little coloured flecks through them which was pretty cool. Looks like the indigo clydes are on the website now too.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...men_cs2_seeall&view=99&pg=1&parentPage=family

7. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

I love how every 50 or so pages in this thread someone starts bashing the ebay sellers as if they are personally offended by the fact that they are able to buy those things for less than they are selling them. Why not go to the Ralph Lauren stores and start shitting all over them for paying less than retail then having the audacity to try to make a profit?

Here is how I see it. If I see something for sale at a low price, and I believe someone would be willing to pay a higher price, I will buy it and try to make a little money. That is just smart business. As far as I am aware, all of these ebay resellers who are also members on the forum are totally awesome about giving better prices to forum members so long as they arent dick heads who are constantly calling them out on the forum.

Referencing the fact that SFU has stuff listed on ebay for a higher price than some of the other sellers is ridiculous because anyone who has been active in this thread for longer than a month knows that he has posted his reasoning multiple times now. I buy and sell a lot of camera equipment online and I always start by listing it higher than the price I actually want. More than once Ive had someone contact me and just pay the full asking price. That doesnt mean I ripped them off or that I scammed them. It means that they saw my price and thought it was worth paying and they paid me. It makes perfect sense to start like he does. Like he also has mentioned probably 40 times in this thread, he has a make an offer option which is there if you dont think his price is good enough for you.

If you think the RRL retail prices are too high, and the ebay RRL prices are too high, then maybe RRL just isn't the brand for you. There are plenty of less expensive clothing options for people like you. Try H&M for example. They sell shirts for $14 and sometimes have them on sale for $5.

1 person likes this.
  8. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

You could have just wrote this instead of everything else lol.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  9. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I think if it fits the RRL aesthetic. I don't think anyone will care about pony shirts and the like.

10. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

I too want to give Dave_SFU a shout for being open to offers and doing business nice and quickly too. Not sure where all this hate is coming for eBay dudes - just the way it works...

11. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Thanks for the tip, added to eBay favorite sellers.

12. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

Has anyone seen or tried or or has the new Dupre Sport coat? Curious on your impressions, fit, and look in person vs the photos. thanks

13. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

You're really sensitive. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I choose to not buy from rude and caustic sellers. That's why I recommended the other ones who I've had good experiences with.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. RRL CLOTHING

You're talking shit again? You're free to promote your favorite sellers, but do not ever mention me again, as you have never and will never do business with me so there is no reason to continue discussing this.

As Dave so eloquently put it SMD

15. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I don't recall talking shit about you. Only that I don't recommend you (The_Denim_Vault) when someone mentioned not including you in my list. I believe it was you who has repeatedly tried to shame me with personal attacks and mentioning items on my shared ebay account that's in my signature. I'm not sure what your issue is with me but it looks like there's nothing I can do at this point.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  16. RRL CLOTHING

17. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Not RRL, but has anyone had any luck removing the iron on and/or stitched on patches on Rugby sweaters and how did you do it? There's a cardigan I like but I'm not digging the large crest patch on the chest.

18. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Stitches shouldn't be an issue. Might have a problem if it's attached with an adhesive.

19. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I've removed leather elbow patches from a rugby sweater with a seem ripper. Almost no appearance that there was anything there and the patches could still be used on another piece. Just be careful to only cut the threads holding the patch and not the fabric of the sweater.

20. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior member

Anyone interested? Small - BNWT Indigo Placket sweater. Just shoot me a pm.
    [​IMG]