1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

no worries ... looking good my friend

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

leg loops sloppy. threw in a couple of stitches to slim them down before taking them into get tapered. otherwise unwearable without feeling like youre wearing bell-bottoms

3. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Well-Known Member

I love that motorcycle sweater.

4. potemkin_city_limits

I finally got the Dauntless jacket yesterday. The fit is awesome. Exactly what I needed. I can easily wear it with a sweatshirt or a light to mid weight sweater underneath. Sleeves are a great length for me as well. I love the older fits of RRL. I really wish they didn't start making everything so slim for the new seasons.

Ill post a fit pic soon. The quality is really quite nice. It looks so much better in person than the RRL product photos from the website. They really should get a better photographer to take less stagnant images of their products.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  5. lagsun

lagsun Well-Known Member

@NAMOR Are you in SF? Is your tailor in the city?

6. hyunbin09

hyunbin09 Member

yeah i love the motorcycle cardigan so much. haha i wasnt able to get the sweater for a while until the denver store got my size in and the salesperson put it on hold for me.

btw the denver store is the consolidation store so if you are looking for sale items, call them up! pretty decent selection considering the sales are all winding down by now.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

im here in SF today and tomorrow. otherwise my tailor is in sacramento! you got a good tailor in the city?

8. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Well-Known Member

Which size did you get and how does it fit? TTS?

9. potemkin_city_limits

I got a medium. It fits true to size for any other regular fit jacket Ive owned. I dont think I would be able to really comfortably fit into a small.

10. lagsun

lagsun Well-Known Member

11. DeSense

DeSense Well-Known Member

I love this. Can we not ask RL/RRL to re-issue it, or someone in the industry to do an MTO? It doesn't look like rocket science was needed.

12. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

Look up bucket hat, or bucket hat with snaps, or boonie or safari hat. How do I know? For some reason I had one when I was a kid.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  13. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

14. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

challenge...

spent an hour on the phone tonight with RL.com, trying to resolve a bum pair of C&J McCallums in size 11.5 that came in looking bleh right before XMAS.

no suitable solution from RL (between XMAS and tonight), no option to take my pair and individually send them back to C&J for review (and I would HOPE immediate replacement, give their condition). thats what C&J wants, but RL said they will not send anything outside of the country..

best RL.com could offer were for me to keep at my steep discount offered ($375+-/ IIRC), or return and wait for a possible restock this coming F/W at a slightly higher discounted price (sub $600 price range)

any advice you can offer?? got a pair sitting here, receipt in hand, with 30 days on it to decide what I'd prefer to do (ideally, get a new pair without blemishes galore)

feel free to pm. thanks in advance!

15. kwhitelaw

not to be a creep, so please try not to take it as such, but being as we are I believe close in shoe size... what's your waist/inseam length..?

I'll leave pant questions at that lol

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

17. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

They offered to let you return it for a full refund it sounds like. Have them cover the shipping too and that is fair on their part since they don't have any other size 11.5s in stock.

18. kwhitelaw

not discounting them being fair whatsoever. I could initiate a return at this moment and get back my <discounted> money back, no questions asked. shipping costs back to RL mean nothing to me.

what I was hoping for, was that a company such as C&J, via RL, would step up on an obvious (IMO) major quality control issue and make right. C&J tells me to go to the retailer. RL (the retailer) tells me they can do nothing (as they cannot shop outside of the country, back to C&J)

I've exhausted my care for this pair of C&Js honestly, not in this thread (only brought up due to the recent posters comment about potentially helping members out etc), but moreso in the other dedicated thread.

I'll likely just stick these in the closet til fall and see if they reappear on RLs website. no big deal

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  19. kwhitelaw

noted. I foresee a good bit of my monies headed your way, not only in footwear, but also pants, should you opt to unload.

keep me in mind por favor

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  20. DeSense

DeSense Well-Known Member

General Q: Given the sizing is all over the place and the size charts basically useless, is there any known way or official source to get the actual measurements of specific items, online?
    I guess 99% not, just to cover the rest uncertainty (or hope).