1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

If I wear the empire, I would stay away from adding any more vertical stripes, greys or blacks. I could be wrong but it may look too much like a uniform. I like it more with some RRL red, orange, yellow, brown, and some indigo clothing mixed in.

2. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

Not all at once of course.

3. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Ha, yeah I like a bit of colour too but monochrome is good once in a while as well. I think you can wear similar patterns as long as the scale of each pattern is different. For example, I like wearing the Allen work jacket with the bulldog workshirt from last season as I think the dots on the jacket are wide enough apart from the shirt.

Holy crap, I just noticed that one of those suit jackets is made of Japanese denim. Really like the look of the tan linen one too.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  4. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

ehhhhhhh.....

5. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Lol, can't seem to get the right link on my phone for some reason. Will edit the other one out, that leads to something nobody should have to see.

6. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

Yep I see that. My suggestion was only if you wanted to stay away from wearing too much black, which I thought was an issue for some.

7. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

Anyone care to share their feedback on the LE straight fits? Aside from the specifications, what would the aesthetic differences be vs other RRL rigid denims.

8. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

For anybody that owns either the Empire or Allan Work Jackets can you please post size you own and measurements?

9. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

Has anyone seen the Thompson jacket in person? Wondering if the grey in the pic is more brown and also the color of the leather trim around the pockets.

10. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

To everyone who is opting out on the empire jacket because it is black I think you should reconsider, after wearing it I found it more of an olive hue and a way heavier wash than the pics on the site, their pics make the buttons look bronze but they have more of a dark brown/ black patina.

11. blufox

blufox Active Member

I honestly think the Empire jacket is a beauty! And Im not much of a black dresser myself. But it looks great with Brown Jeans as well.

12. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

Size M Polka dot

p2p 21.75
    sleeve 25.5
    s2s 18.5
    bottom of collar seam to bottom of jacket 28.75

Empire fit and cut is about the same it just runs a tad larger on all measurements.

1 person likes this.
  13. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

You can never wear too much black.

I'm digging the new suit offerings like the light brown 3 piece linen suit. I wish the lapels weren't so huge, though that is more authentic to the era. :confused:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

That is correct. It's not nearly as black in person as it is on the site, which is a great thing.

15. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i think the build of the dixon (either the indian head or the black cat) is sturdier than the lightning bolt, and i do find that the dixon runs a little smaller.

16. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Based on the measurements the varsity looks like it has longer arms which was my main issue with the Dixon. I cant stand it when the arms on my jackets are too short.

17. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I don't mind it (to an extent of course) because it creates the illusion that one looks slightly taller. But I also wear my pants cuffed up to a point most people would consider dorky so I know the look is not for everyone.

18. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Come on fella, along with the fabrics the lapels are the best thing about RRL suits. It's the single vent in the back which might be the deal breaker for some surely?

19. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

They remind me too much of suits from the 70's. Though the main reason is because my personal philosophy is that general fit, lapels, ties, etc should correspond with the "width" of the wearer. I'm pretty slim so everything I own is slim. All of my ties are pretty slim ranging from 2.5" to 3". I think my skinny ties alone would clash with the lapels. I love RRL suiting but I think a medium width lapel is the widest I could go.

20. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

I agree with your general point but I think you'd be surprised by the RRL suits. They're not boxy at all and are a nice slim cut. I've got a few and only 1 is something approaching the horrors from the 70s that you are imagining.

However, your admission of wearing skinny ties... That's almost an offence worthy of the blocklist ;-)