1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mfrege

mfrege Senior member

Does anyone know the ounzage of RRL denim straight cuts (raw)? I picked up a pair off ebay and, wow, the denim feels very substantial.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Does anyone know the ounzage of RRL denim straight cuts (raw)? I picked up a pair off ebay and, wow, the denim feels very substantial.

13.7 ounces. Pretty standard. 13-15 ounces, imo, hits the sweet spot (all other things being equal, of course) between comfort, style (too light, and they don't drape properly, really heavy often looks awkward for a long time) and durability.

3. Bingham

Bingham Senior member

13.7 ounces. Pretty standard. 13-15 ounces, imo, hits the sweet spot (all other things being equal, of course) between comfort, style (too light, and they don't drape properly, really heavy often looks awkward for a long time) and durability.

so then is this the same for all their raw denim?

4. whodini

whodini Senior member

so then is this the same for all their raw denim?
    Needs to be a bit more specific. RRL has been around long enough that different seasons have used different denim. In general, however, they tend to use a similar weight.

5. BlueEggs

BlueEggs Well-Known Member

I bought a green RRL chambray shirt a couple weeks ago and couldn't seem to find it anywhere online and the only store that had it was the Hamptons store. Anyone interested in seeing it?

6. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^^ Yes, please post it up -- if only because RRL pics are so hard to come by.

7. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

I bought a green RRL chambray shirt a couple weeks ago and couldn't seem to find it anywhere online and the only store that had it was the Hamptons store. Anyone interested in seeing it?
    Is it that heinous green chambray from the Key West collection? http://www.rad-nyc.com/shop/convert....age/2269p1.jpg

8. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

That green chambray is ugzz!

9. BlueEggs

why is it heinous?

10. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

why is it heinous?

Just not a fan of the shade of greyish green fabric, looked even worse in person imo. And about only the Hampton location having it in stock, I find that odd seeing as there was a full size run with it at 50% + 25% off a few weeks back at my local RL store.

Doesn't matter what I think anyways as long as you like it.

11. BlueEggs

well i have the denim blue colored chambray and like it and wanted to buy it in red, but it wasn't available at any store. so i settled for the green one. so i guess i preferred the red to the green one. anyone own the red chambray?

12. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

13. Bingham

Bingham Senior member

what is the best way to differentiate between men's and women slim bootcut? i know someone mentioned pocket size- the ones i have do have smallish (can't fit to my wrist in) pockets and four buttons. are they women's?? the fit isn't that different.

14. bombers

bombers Senior member

women's has low-low-low rise. I have a pair of slim boots and I like the fit.

15. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

the ones i have do have smallish (can't fit to my wrist in) pockets and four buttons. are they women's?? the fit isn't that different.

Sounds like they're too tight. Men shouldn't wear tight, slim fit jeans, unless you're a member of the Ramones.

Commence flaming.

16. Bingham

Bingham Senior member

Sounds like they're too tight. Men shouldn't wear tight, slim fit jeans, unless you're a member of the Ramones.

Commence flaming.

the thing is, they're not super tight at all. and the low rise is no lower than an old pair of nudie bootcut ola's that i have. that's why i'm confused. can anyone with men's slim bootcuts confirm how many buttons are on the fly or has that changed from year to year?

17. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Four buttons hidden and one on the top, though that's with a pair that I have that is waist 32. Another pair I have that is Waist 31 has one less button since the rise is less. I don't think they're womens, but even if they are they look and feel fine to me.

18. Bingham

Bingham Senior member

^^^^Thanks^^^^

Mine are 30 waist, so that may account for the four total buttons. Either way, they fit well, so I'm not too concerned.

19. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Senior member

^^^
    I have 28x32 in mens, and they have 4 buttons total. My wife has the womens in a 28 and while i can get them on they don't even cover my whole ass, I can't fit my hand all the way in the pockets, and they are skin tight.

20. Lane

Lane Senior member

Commence flaming.

it really depends since "tight" is pretty subjective at times since the masses of men consider fitted to be tight.