1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Green Day today
    RL X 3
    RRLx2
    Sorry for poor cell pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Thats an amazing jacket man. What model is it?

3. potemkin_city_limits

2 people like this.
  4. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior member

^ That jacket looks awesome. Be sure to get some fit-pics up when it arrives.

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yeah, would definitely like to know how that coat fits. Although, I need another piece of winter outerwear like I need a hole in my head.

6. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

7. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

For some reason, the model's posture & his outfit don't look masculine at all. The cardigan looks like amazing quality though...It may be because of the cut of the waist?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  8. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I tried it on in store a while ago and it's a full cut.
    I take a 44 suit and the large fit me. I would have got it but the one they had in store was already snagged.
    I'm guessing a small will be too big for a 36.

9. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

The lighting bolt jacket of the SS14 is sold out online?

10. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

I wouldn't worry about it, they had all sizes available yesterday, items on the site seem to vanish all the time only to show up a few days later. This happened to the nautilus jacket a couple weeks ago as well.

11. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Can't believe the engineer jacket already sold out in small at $690...was really hoping it would make it a sale. I just don't have that kind of money! But apparently a lot dudes do!

12. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Agreed, but it's one of the nicest pieces this season, so no surprise there.

Some more detail shots here: http://www.loftman.co.jp/bd/5561

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  13. potemkin_city_limits

I spent a little while searching through this Japanese website I found tonight saving all the RRL product photos. I posted a lot of them on my blog which you can check out here http://workingtodeath.tumblr.com

Here is a sample of what you will see

[​IMG]
    I have one of these coming this week.

[​IMG]
    Sanders Trench. I got one of these a few weeks ago but it has been too cold to wear it. Its so stiff I can literally stand it up on its own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are just way too many good photos to post them all here. Just go check them out at http://workingtodeath.tumblr.com

2 people like this.
  14. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Stopped in Ralph Lauren in Chicago today and tried a few pieces.

-Lightning bolt jacket, can't remember the official name, is nice. Has a wool lining, though not heavy, and construction is nice. Looks quite good on too. In fact I dare say it's better than the Dixon jacket, though I'm not going to go down that road just yet.

-Empire Work Jacket looks nice and fits well. Nowhere near worth the price, but then none of RRL is anyway. Jacket is thin and would be a Spring/Fall piece, though depending on your climate you might want additional layers.

-Reynolds Work Vest looks nice as well. Very fitted though. Had to size up and that was pretty much perfect, but another example of RRL sizing being all over the board.

On a side note their sale section was really picked over. Not much to choose from.

Oh, and I decided to keep my Brandt Wool Work Vest. Not much for vests/waistcoats, but since I've slimmed down I feel as though I can pull them off much better. Nice piece and some nice details. Wool blend and coloring is nice, nice buttons and I like the pockets.

15. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Its the RL oil cloth biker. I grabbed it at Bloomingdales who has a lot more. The Polo store in there has a pretty good sales section right now with lots of goodies at 50% off

16. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i have this from sale last year and it was totally worth it. but since i have it, its making me hesitate on the empire and the polka dot jackets :(

17. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

18. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Senior member

Sweet looking blog. What I didn't see on it though was this piece.....seriously how is this piece not getting more love?
    [​IMG]

19. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

I have both the polka dot and empire and they are some of my favorite pieces. They are different jackets altogether from the shawl collar version. Polka dot is slightly slimmer fitting than the empire if you are curious.

20. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

I have the lightning bolt jacket and its pretty sweet. Pretty happy with this season's offerings.