1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

For the Dixon jacket, I note that the small is listed as being on 23" long. I am 6' tall but slim (36R in J Crew); do you think the Dixon in small would fit or would it be too short?

2. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

on the dixon fit, i feel that it runs small, now maybe thats how I feel about the jackets with cuffs and waist bands and collars, its in their style. Im 6'4" and have an XL which works ok, but an earlier flight jacket in xxl and the current lightening bolt in xxl for me are a much better fit.

PS anyone out there want to trade an xl dixon for and xxl i'd love to hear from you

3. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

Theres a new Vneck vest with ticking stripes just listed on the rrl site. No obvious jacket to pair with, does anyone know if theres a jacket or pants coming to match? Im curious if any of you have seen in store or glimpsed the look books to know what other cool pieces might be coming for the spring lines? The gaucho and artist lines don't seem to have all filtered in yet. Looks like mostly empire, wondering if theres more to that one as well. I jumped on the allan jacket, the empire and the stevens jacket and vest.

4. agg3l1koula

agg3l1koula Member

does anybody selling or know where to get those cords slim fit jeans waist 30?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Hey guys. I'm moving south (Virginia/North Carolina area) later this year.
    Going down to scope things out in a couple weeks.

Are there any outlets that carry RRL in either state near the coast? (or anywhere?)
    Or any stores that carry it in general?
    Just curious.

thanks!

6. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Anyone interested in buying a black cat Dixon in medium? I'm selling mine. I'm in between sizes with a lot of the RRL jackets. Looking to get back what I paid for it so hit me up for a good deal.

7. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Tried on the shrink to fit jeans today. I'm probably a 33/34 in RRL denim... The 34 were too small for the amount they claimed it would shrink, but the 36 seems too large. The online store claims they stock 35, but they say it may be an error. The denim feels awesome, though... I need to investigate further

Ended up getting the black indigo cardigan. Fits perfect in M and looks great.

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  9. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior member

10. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

When I clicked the link I was expecting some fashion atrocity. There's nothing particularly heinous about red or white pants.

I wouldn't personally wear red pants but "nantucket reds" are a cliche look for the preppy set.

White clothes give off a rich and carefree vibe that you have no concern about your dry cleaning bill.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  11. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I'd wear the hell out of the oxbloods. Have white slims, wear all the time.

Balls.

2 people like this.
  12. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

I have white slims that I wear in the summer. I'd also wear the oxbloods if I had em. They definitely aren't everyday jeans, but I dunno about hideous.

1 person likes this.
  13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

are those your size? get on that!

14. grundletaint

I wish. In the slims I'm a 31, maybe 32 if I want it bad enough.

15. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

Should i try a medium shirt instead of large? I like more form fitting clothing and i feel like the larges are just a bit big in the back for me.

6'1, 190lb, 40R for sport coats, 34 wait size in jeans, but with a small gut above the waist line.

From research the 21.5"'p2p in the mediums just seemed like they would be even a bit too snug even for my liking, along w length and sleeve issues due to my height.

I havent tried shrinking any of my larges yet either

16. grundletaint

I have that issue with a lot of their stuff and just deal with an L. M typically fits me better in the body but is too tight in the shoulders/arms where the L is perfect but ends up kinda loose in the body.

Haven't seen measurable results in shrinking them either.

17. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

The pants are great. They would look excellent with any kind of blue shirt and snuff/brown suede shoes/boots.

18. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I think you'd have better luck comparing the measurement with an article of clothing you own.

19. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior member

I respect that. It's all about personal preference.

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Olive herringbone chino. Need to get a couple wears in before I can get them hemmed. Love the patter and color

[​IMG]

5 people like this.