• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ghost01

Reaction score
Anyone know...
I'm positive they don't unlike Polo. Regarding the cashmere i have 2 shawl collar cashmere sweaters from different seasons (about 2 years apart) and they are completely different weights. Its likely they adjust the weight for winter/spring collections.

Baldomero

Reaction score
I had scooped up a pair of white selvage RRL denim from the outlet. They fit like a dream, but they were bootcut. I had an alterationist taper them and get rid of the bootcut, but instead, she just made them highwater as hell. I only paid $40 for them, but I'm straight up brokenhearted on this Valentine's Day.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's no reading comprehension issue on my part. The post of mine that you quoted never claimed you were hating on RRL; I addressed exactly what you said. 

Sorry, that comment was not directed at you but at a previous poster who I was too lazy to quote.

Is the Clifton boot made by RedWing? If so, $200 is not bad.

Can anyone speak to its quality and fit?

Boots arrived yesterday and they are pretty damn awesome--especially for $200. Jeans and PL tie are getting returned though.

Khojem

Reaction score
Question regarding RRL western shirts. Some people have said not to pay retail. Frankly, $250 is a lot for a shirt. Where would one not pay retail besides eBay on occasion? Does RRL send western shirts to the RL outlets? There's one in Carlsbad, CA, which is south of my current location in Orange County. Any help is appreciated!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a listing for some RRL jeans a few years old described as straight leg. I see they have detailing that looks like the slim boot cuts. However, because it is an older style, I am not sure - seller thinks they are straight and there is nothing on the inside pockets saying anything. Does anybody know about this? Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RRL-Double-...618518?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item2c6c7bdf96

wornandtorn

Reaction score
Hi,

Would anyone care to sell last season's fair isle sweater vest in size XS? I'll make it worth your while.

Mine met an untimely death at the fangs of a friend's mutt.

Thank you,

Nathan

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this turns out being a double post --- I saw this listing for a pair of RRL straight legs that are a couple of years old. The styling looks like the slim boot cuts but this is an old style and seller thinks they are straight (and seems to have experience). Nevertheless, I wanted to check and see if anybody knew about this pair. I cannot wear slims, only straight or low straight. The pockets do not say anything at all.

Many thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190798618518?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm interesting in purchasing the RRL Indian Varsity Jacket but am unclear as to whether to get a small or medium. The specs for the Medium are: Shoulder to shoulder: 19". Sleeves: 26.5", Pit to Pit: 22.5". length from base of collar to bottom: 27". The Small's specs are 21 inches pit to pit, and the length the collar to bottom is 25.5 inches. Is there a rule of thumb for Varsity Jackets -- should they hang a bit loose or tight?
i have a Medium at home, message me if u need accurate measurements.

mfbnyc

Reaction score
Absolutely perfect. I have three versions of this from past springs, and this is by far the best looking one. The blue is spot on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads