1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

I've seen these. That's a crazy price but believe it or not they sold out of those Boots the first time.

I've seen some of the pieces from the new collection 'Alaska' Great stuff as usual

The RRL Boots are really great but priced to be the most expensive streetwear worker's boots in the world. Can you imagine a DWP guy or dock worker wearing $ 900 boots??

I love all their collections. The clothes are so well made and the attention to detail is the best. Also love it that they are limited editions and they got the fit issues under control. They make relatively few pieces. So when they are sold out. That's it.

2. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Co-sign above.

The boots are going to come in a variety of colors too. They're going to be pretty similar in style just different colors, leathers, etc. Apparently, they're doing quite well

Some must-haves in the Alaska collection. Have to try and get a discount on a few pieces...

3. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

What are some of the must-haves?

4. bombers

bombers Senior member

How does slim bootcut fit compared to some lines of Levi's?

5. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

You gotta check for yourself! They just stated landing in stores so it's not a full collection yet assuming.

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

I've heard good things about the new Alaska collection. The launch party was last week but couldn't go. I'll see if I can get some store pics.

7. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

Is it guest designed by Palin?

8. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Saw some pics of a few cool things....
    -New flannels/westerns
    -Flight jacket
    -Shawl collar Native American cardi with totem poles on sleeves

9. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Saw the totem pole piece. It's awesome. So warm too.

I like the pullover cable knit sweater.

10. acl1

acl1 Senior member

I know that this is the point, but it's amazing that there's literally like zero internet info on the alaska and other collections considering the amount of underground hype. really can't wait to check out the ny store(s).

11. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

I'm on the lookout for this pair of RRL Straight Leg jeans in size 30x30. I believe they retailed for $395. I've seen them referred to as the "Hillside Wash." If anybody's seen them around, would appreciate knowing about it. I called RRL Malibu, but they didn't seem to know which jean I was talking about.
    [​IMG]

12. RRL_Supplier

RRL_Supplier Active Member

I'm on the lookout for this pair of RRL Straight Leg jeans in size 30x30. I believe they retailed for $395. I've seen them referred to as the "Hillside Wash." If anybody's seen them around, would appreciate knowing about it. I called RRL Malibu, but they didn't seem to know which jean I was talking about.

RRL Melrose had these from about 2 collections ago, I remember they went on sale as well. Prolly pulled from the shelf by now but maybe worth a call to them.

13. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

RRL Melrose had these from about 2 collections ago, I remember they went on sale as well. Prolly pulled from the shelf by now but maybe worth a call to them.

Thanks for the info; I'll give them a call.

14. displacedsoutherner

displacedsoutherner Well-Known Member

i just got a pair of RRL slim fits off Ebay and upon getting them in the make today, realized they are stretch denim. Is this indeed a pair of men's RRLs? Also, will a stretch denim stretch permanently at all or will it go back to its original size when not worn?

These bad boys are pretty tight on my calves and I was wondering if they'd stretch out at all? Also, does anyone know how these fit compared to the 100% cotton slim fits?

15. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

anyone know if the RRL stores in NYC are having any further reductions this week or next ?

16. displacedsoutherner

displacedsoutherner Well-Known Member

Just picked up some slim bootcuts in sz 30. raw rigid. should be a better fit hopefully. up until the bootcut part is the fit the same as on the slim fits?

Also, anyone interested in the aforementioned slim fits - sz 31? They are a dark one-wash rinse- 98% cotton, 2% elastic. No distressing. I'll let them go for exactly what I got them for: $78. PM if interested.

17. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

anyone know if the RRL stores in NYC are having any further reductions this week or next ?

The stores don't have any more sale stuff. It's all new collection pieces.

The West Broadway Polo store has all the sale stuff in the back, though it's slim picking now

18. Bingham

Bingham Senior member

quick question about the fit of the slims vs. bootcut: are they essentially the same with the exception of the knee down?

19. sexlexcia

sexlexcia Well-Known Member

actually i own both types and the slim boot cuts seemed slimmer

20. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Senior member

^^^
    I agree i own both too and the the slim boot seems slimmer in the thighs than the slim fit.