1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

... This is kind of why I'm avoiding the SF store. Spent the weekend in town but withstood the temptation to stop by. Which store did you visit and how much were dem pants?

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

All sub 100 and melorse and Robertson stores. Held off until today since I figured why not didn't expect anything in my size

3. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

[​IMG]

Just got a few new things in the mail. The tee is the RL version of the RRL indigo pocket tee. The fit on this is much better than the boxy RRL version I also own. I also received the Old Blue Co Indigo x Indigo work trousers I posted recently that are very similar to the Clydes but are sized a bit bigger

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  4. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

I believe the 50% off ended today but dont quote me on that. Stuff is moving to outlets this week

5. 00bam

00bam Senior member

[quote what kind of outlets? Could I expect to see any stuff in the south fl area you think?

6. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

RRL rep told me today was the last day. (01/20/13)

As for the outlets...I dont know how that works...where it goes and when it arrives for sale...

7. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

It usually gets shipped to one of a few warehouses around the country and re tagged for outlet pricing and then distributed slowly throughout the next few months. Seemingly at random.

8. Sym

Sym Senior member

Limited edition olive slim fits or the indigo ones? Any sizes left? To call and ask a store for sizes does one need a sku number?

9. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

It will be another half year til these sales items hit the outlet store. Possibly next year.

10. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Yes, I have with ambivalent results. So I'll say it depends.

Other than the obvious needing a good tailor, it depends on how much.

In my experience, up to 2 inches lopped off the waist will produce negligible visual results. I took in a pair from around 38 to 36 with fantastic results. Anything over 2 inches I wouldn't recommend. Hence taking in my first pair of Rescues years ago from 39-40 ish down to 36 (tag size 36) completely ruined them. The back pockets got too close together and the rise became much longer feeling.

Some people are sticklers for never taking in the waist, but it really can produce great results without adversely affecting the look of the jean.

I should also add that I think the softness of the denim will allow the tailor greater ease in taking them in well. So if they are stiff like raw wear them first through multiple washes, whatever the frequency, and then consider taking them in.

I'll be getting a pair of ALD taken in soon from around 37 to 35 but they have been worn for well over a year and washed multiple times.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  11. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

and then they will hit ebay so hard you wont want to ever look at them again.

1 person likes this.
  12. engar

engar Senior member

Does anybody has seen a three pieces Ginger harris tweed three pieces suit from AW14?

13. Wildling

Wildling Well-Known Member

Damn! I'm flying into Manhattan today on business too! My first stop after a coffee and a slice of cheescake from Ferraro's was to the RRL shops for some deals. Bummer.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  14. subdivide

subdivide Senior member

Really solid advice. I'd add another option, if you only need to lose 1 to 1.5" off the waist - pull off the top waist button and have a new one put on further from the edge.

15. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

Thanks guys. Appreciate the advice. Basically I'm in between sizes - 34" is too narrow in thighs though I can fit it around waist but extra tight. 36" looks much better on thighs yet is too big. A 35" would have probably been perfect.

16. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I've also had to make waist alterations to a couple of recent pairs (slim-fit slate blue and slim-fit roper wash). Each time I took about 2" off the waist and they now fit perfectly - especially the roper wash, which are just a great fit in every possible way. The slate blue's have a slightly larger leg opening than my other slims, but are perfect everywhere else - at some point I'll just get the hem of those altered slightly.

17. stevent

stevent Senior member

Olive ones, unsure what sizes they have left now

18. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

What do you usually wear and what did you buy the slim slates in? apologies if you already said a couple pages back...

19. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I wear a W36 and bought W36. I don't like squeezing my legs/thighs into a W34 and W35 is hardly ever an option.

20. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

I remember a few years back when WOODBURY outlet received tons of Rugby goodies...Sweaters, cardigans, polos and tees for under $20...
    Would calling RL CSR (near future) have any info on them reaching the outlets??