• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fwedo

Reaction score
Got both of them (once washed 2 and rigid), difference is not easy to see....

they are great but i hope they don't shrink too much in lenght....

Last edited:

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got both of them (once washed 2 and rigid), difference is not easy to see....

they are great but i hope they don't shrink too much in lenght....

I have the 1 wash and haven't experienced any shrinkage in length. The rigid will shrink in length.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. I think I know the answer, but just in case...

I got a pair of RRL Low Straights in Spring Creek 2 wash. The thing is that the fades in the butt area are like too much compared to the rest of the jean. I got before another pair which was too big for me (up for sale on eBay, BTW) and the fades in that area not nearly as extreme.

My question is, in those fades the indigo is gone and that's it? Or is it some kind of coating which could go away if I wash them? I've had some pairs of jeans in the past (not RRL, but Diesels, PRPS and the like) which had some product to make them look dirty/used and that went away after several washes.

I mean, look at the difference (it's more noticiable IRL), they are both Spring Creek 2 and brand new:

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Trimalchio

Reaction score
Hi. I think I know the answer, but just in case...

I got a pair of RRL Low Straights in Spring Creek 2 wash. The thing is that the fades in the butt area are like too much compared to the rest of the jean. I got before another pair which was too big for me (up for sale on eBay, BTW) and the fades in that area not nearly as extreme.

My question is, in those fades the indigo is gone and that's it? Or is it some kind of coating which could go away if I wash them? I've had some pairs of jeans in the past (not RRL, but Diesels, PRPS and the like) which had some product to make them look dirty/used and that went away after several washes.

I mean, look at the difference (it's more noticiable IRL), they are both Spring Creek 2 and brand new:

Thanks in advance.
Because of the wash process, no two jeans are the same. In my experience, those kinds of marks are mostly permanent. They will fade over time, but so will the rest of the jeans. When buying rinsed jeans of this nature, I always compare multiple pairs if my size is available to pick the best one. I think what you're pointing out looks fine, but realize that for RRL jeans none of them are identical.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I missed a huge sale with 70s posts here, and oceansaway hit me up with your email I'll charge you just $100 markup to get you bowerys next time they are super cheap

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone seen the cordoba leather wallet in person? it's great, the attention to detail is kinda crazy. not my steez but i can definitely appreciate the craftsmanship. but the online photos make it look horrible!

RobearH

Reaction score
has anyone seen the cordoba leather wallet in person? it's great, the attention to detail is kinda crazy. not my steez but i can definitely appreciate the craftsmanship. but the online photos make it look horrible!
I have the dark one from recent winter collection and find the hand tooling amazing.....it hold tons of stuff.

If Ralph would ever offer a matching Ipad cover I would be all over that.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have the dark one from recent winter collection and find the hand tooling amazing.....it hold tons of stuff. If Ralph would ever offer a matching Ipad cover I would be all over that.
thats really nice robear! i'm sure you've seen their "notepad holder" as well. yeah, you would think they would make something for iphones and ipads, but i guess its too new age for their steez haha.

RobearH

Reaction score
that's really nice robear! I'm sure you've seen their "notepad holder" as well. yeah, you would think they would make something for iphones and ipads, but i guess its too new age for their steez haha.
It was that notepad holder that gave me the idea. I may have a vintage sense of style but I would not hand write notes in a pad when I have a tablet...that is simply to antiquated a concept for me.
mwink[1].gif

srgprod

Reaction score
If Ralph would ever offer a matching Ipad cover I would be all over that. [/quote] Why don't you commission a leather craftsman to make one for you. Much cheaper than from RRL if they ever would make one. Btw, the guy who tooled your wallet is still around.

rrlgambler

Reaction score
Does anybody have the measurements on this jacket on a size XL?
$%28KGrHqR,%21iIFD2Ejo2f-BRCKoE%29heQ%7E%7E60_35.JPG

If not, does anyone know how this jacket fits, TTS, big, small, thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads