• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DRCLARK16

Reaction score
anybody kno the fit of this

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

does anybody know where can i buy this RRL cardigan small?
Even despite the Becks, that's a good looking cardigan. Would be interested as well, prolly in Large. EDIT: removed commentary on Oceansaway

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Even despite the Becks, that's a good looking cardigan. Would be interested as well, prolly in Large.

EDIT: removed commentary on Oceansaway

saw this guy at Napa last summer. he probably wears a Small in RRL, his wife's ... on the otherhand... giggity

Last edited:

Trimalchio

Reaction score
Saw the new Slim Straight Rigids at the store yesterday. I didn't try them on so can't comment on fit, but I was disappointed in the denim itself. It felt thinner than the stock Japanese denim they've been using despite being marked at 16 oz. I'm not saying it was junk, but there's tons of American brand denim companies out there right now making okay stuff out of cone denim. I always liked RRL because there were doing something different and imo a higher level. I really hope this doesn't represent the new direction of their denim line.

dmagic

Reaction score
Well if you don't want to buy the bowerys from a reseller they are a carry over this season so you can snag them at retail for 850

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RRL Officer Chinos. ****** fitting room picture:

Better picture:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though I find brown-based outfits really uninteresting in general, that's a great look, gnatty. Well done.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Even though I find brown-based outfits really uninteresting in general, that's a great look, gnatty. Well done.

Thanks. The chinos are actually a wine/burgundy color, but they do seem to be translating as brown in that picture...

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. The chinos are actually a wine/burgundy color, but they do seem to be translating as brown in that picture...

I have those chinos, and i have a difficult time matching pairs of shoes with it. Only complaint, other than they are terrific.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have those chinos, and i have a difficult time matching pairs of shoes with it. Only complaint, other than they are terrific.

I would think almost anything in the tan/brown family would work well. Black indies would probably look alright also, but I don't wear black shoes much. Going back and looking, if I didn't know the color of those chinos IRL, I'd swear they were brown also!

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would think almost anything in the tan/brown family would work well. Black indies would probably look alright also, but I don't wear black shoes much. Going back and looking, if I didn't know the color of those chinos IRL, I'd swear they were brown also!

I have those AE Strand's in Walnut, basically your 'tan' color, and to clashy. So far Black seems safest, I just need to expand my footwear selection.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saw the new Slim Straight Rigids at the store yesterday. I didn't try them on so can't comment on fit, but I was disappointed in the denim itself. It felt thinner than the stock Japanese denim they've been using despite being marked at 16 oz. I'm not saying it was junk, but there's tons of American brand denim companies out there right now making okay stuff out of cone denim. I always liked RRL because there were doing something different and imo a higher level. I really hope this doesn't represent the new direction of their denim line. 

I have been sitting on a pair of RRL Low Straight Once Washed...debating on keeping them since I have the raws.

I love this Japanese denim. Guess I'll keep them if we can't expect the same going forward.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads