1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ajdesa

ajdesa Well-Known Member

Only if done right...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  2. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

I just enjoy collecting patches with cool stories behind them and I had read about the 13 Black Cats well before RRL made the Dixon jacket and I had always wanted a black cat patch to add to the drawer of other interesting logo patches I have collected over the years. I never ended up making one because once I saw the RRL jacket I decided it would be the best of both worlds with it being a nice jacket and I still know the origins of the logo.

I was being pretty sarcastic when I said I should make a few black cat patches to see if someone from Ralph Lauren contacts me telling me I cant reproduce an old logo from a 1920s stunt team that they also happened to copy almost exactly. I told Kensington I could get one made for him if he wanted because he said he was trying to buy one before.

I had that Ghost Army patch made because its just not possible to obtain one of those any other way since they were only given to the small group of people who were part of that division and most of their efforts and stories were kept secret until semi recently.

Anyway, I feel like I am overly defending myself for no reason here. We should all get back to talking about how nice RRL is while frantically trying to figure out how to get it at less than 50% off retail.

1 person likes this.
  3. avocado1

avocado1 Active Member

My thoughts exactly. I want (read: need) the jaspe railman work shirt but have only seen pics. Anyone seen it in the flesh? Good weight to it? Would look good with my Walker cord me thinks....

4. potemkin_city_limits

1 person likes this.
  5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

fascinating story. never knew of the ghost army until now

6. potemkin_city_limits

Can anyone comment on the fit of the new selvedge pullover half zip workshirt? I really want to get one of these (at 50% off retail obviously).

[​IMG]

There was a really great PBS documentary on the Ghost Army that was released this past year if you are interested in learning more about them. They are pretty badass. There are photos of guys walking around with inflatable tanks that would look real from above as the enemy flew by.

7. 00bam

00bam Senior member

whats the deal with the straight leg repaired denim on the site...is it gonna be on sale soon or what because wasnt it part of the fall/winter stuff?

8. potemkin_city_limits

The least you could have done was wait until you actually received it in the mail and then took your own photos.

9. ajdesa

ajdesa Well-Known Member

I think I will, Iv'e been reading up on the label, I think I might just keep it.

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

It's against forum rules to advertise your own goods in brand threads.

11. avocado1

avocado1 Active Member

Anyone?

12. potemkin_city_limits

Anyone have a RRL belt in size 32 they want to sell me? Let me know.

13. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

Those are all over ebay. I got a pair for $100 a couple months ago. They're cool, but not everyday. Although very comfortable.

14. 00bam

00bam Senior member

whaa? how?

15. 00bam

00bam Senior member

wait your talking about the sante fe ones right? because im looking on ebay and i see some similar but the tag on them say 360 where the site says 390 and they dont look as repaired

16. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

Yes, the santa fe ones. I don't know which listing on ebay you're specifically looking

17. 00bam

00bam Senior member

18. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

Those are different. They're a slighty different (and maybe earlier) version which I had too at some point. They're similar to the midland but with more repairs which are done cleanly and sanded down. Not as high contrast as the current version on the website (which I did in fact get on ebay for $100). These don't have the white paint splotches which can go either way depending on what you're going for.

19. Denim

Denim Senior member

20. ExhibitA

ExhibitA Senior member

[​IMG]

RRL just keeps stepping it up. Great finds every time I check the website out..

1 person likes this.