• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

I will have to speak to the London shop and ask for their description. cos they sure look shiny as hell on the website

They are very much a flat black. I think this makes it hard to photograph them accurately. In person they look less black and more grey. I have been lauding these pants all season.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ebay has a new(or before my time) reseller with some nice Vintage RRL stuff.
revolve.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-IND...73108?pt=US_CSA_MC_Shirts&hash=item257940b294

Looks almost IDENTICAL to this Denim & Supply shirt.. Good to see RRL trickling down some of the same, funky fabrics and patterns into D&S.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLO-RALPH-...?pt=US_CSA_MC_Shirts&var=&hash=item484e74cad0

Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I certainly hope RRL is nicer than Denim & Supply. Tried some D&S at Macy's last year and the fabrics were horrible.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I certainly hope RRL is nicer than Denim & Supply.  Tried some D&S at Macy's last year and the fabrics were horrible.

you don't need to hope, it is nicer

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polo online has free shipping over $195.

If I order something directly from a RRL store over $195 will I also get free shipping or does that only apply to online purchases? If only online, if I press the store will they relent and offer the free shipping or are they pretty strict about it?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

About the shipping discussion:

I hate the fact that we charge 15 for ground shipping in store. I think that is way too much, considering online is only 8 or free for orders over 195. It is our policy to charge. I try to get guys free shipping as much as possible. I have to get the manager to sign off for it every time to get the free shipping. Sometimes the manager doesn't always go for it though.

Polo online has free shipping over $195.

If I order something directly from a RRL store over $195 will I also get free shipping or does that only apply to online purchases? If only online, if I press the store will they relent and offer the free shipping or are they pretty strict about it?

See above.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that a couple of you guys on here might have jeans in Wheat wash - do you care for them like raw denim or just wash and wear? I've never had non-raw selvage so I've got no idea what to do. Thanks!

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
I'm guessing that a couple of you guys on here might have jeans in Wheat wash - do you care for them like raw denim or just wash and wear? I've never had non-raw selvage so I've got no idea what to do. Thanks!
I treat mine the same as my once-washed, which I treat like raws basically. I soak every once in a while, a small amount of Woolite if necessary.

Trimalchio

Reaction score
I treat mine the same as my once-washed, which I treat like raws basically. I soak every once in a while, a small amount of Woolite if necessary.
I've had mine 3 years and I've washed them maybe three or four times. I don't treat them as rigid denim in the sense that I don't avoid washing them... but I try not to wash any of my jeans too often. Some of contrasting marks have faded, but the overall color is still good.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had mine 3 years and I've washed them maybe three or four times. I don't treat them as rigid denim in the sense that I don't avoid washing them... but I try not to wash any of my jeans too often. Some of contrasting marks have faded, but the overall color is still good.

Sounds good, thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads