1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Thats not even close to all the new stuff

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Yeah I guess the SF search ability is kind of goofy. Basically, my rule of thumb with RRL is, if it looks fake if isn't. There is a Chinese website selling fake RRL (I can't remember the link unfortunately), but the stuff on it looked to horrendously fake, and as such there was never a chance of it fooling anyone. Anyone here remember that site?

1 person likes this.
  3. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

I remember that site.

Fool straight up stitched an RRL shirt tag on the insole of some ugly shoes.

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Haha exactly. Some really awful looking, plasticy wingtips.

5. vcof2005

vcof2005 Member

You have to be bored. Why are you coming at me? You don't think I asked multiple others first? Searched not only the wash but the eBayer's name on here and through google? Searched for other pics of the pants. This was just 1 of the many things I did to check the pants out. Before I spend $1 of my hard earned money I thoroughly make sure everything checks out.

6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

:puzzled:

Honestly, I'm not coming at you! I was actually in agreement with you, stating that the SF search ability is pretty useless. I thought I then offered some advice on fake RRL, basically that it's pretty much nonexistent? Sorry if you got some other meaning out of what I was saying.

1 person likes this.
  7. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

It doesnt sound like hes coming at you there tough guy

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

from what the SA told me, the "limited edition" type ii and this one are identical. just not limited anymore. the type ii has come out several times over the past few years

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

actually i may have lied ... i pulled up the old description of the LE denim and its described as:
    "Limited-edition 1950s-inspired jacket crafted from rigid 14.5 oz. Japanese right-hand twill denim and designed with rustproof buttons. Point collar. Applied buttoned placket with pleating at the sides. Long sleeves with barrel cuffs. Buttoned flap pockets at the waist. Adjustable buttoned tabs and pleating at the back waist. Unlined. 100% cotton. Machine washable. Made in the USA."

but the new one on UK site is:
    "1950s-inspired denim jacket made in the USA from 16.5 oz. rigid right-hand twill and designed with pleats at the placket.
    Point collar. Buttoned placket with our signature shank closures. Double pleats at each side of the placket.
    Long sleeves with buttoned barrel cuffs.
    Buttoned-flap patch pockets at the waist.
    Pleated back yoke. Adjustable buttoned tabs at the back left and right hem.
    100% cotton. Machine washable. Imported."

but this being RL webstore, who the hell knows ... they are hardly accurate so wouldn't surprise me either way

1 person likes this.
  10. vcof2005

vcof2005 Member

I admit my mistake and wholeheartedly apologize. I took it out of context and I can admit my mistake. Thank you for your help and advice. You will be repped.

11. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I'm hoping there's some better washed denim jackets.
    For whatever reason I just have no fucking patience for a raw jacket. Pants, of course, But something about a raw jacket I just can't fuck with. It would probably break in quicker and better, but, I dunno.
    Still really pissed the L of the lot 21 black jacket was soo tiny. That thing was perfect other than the fit ha.

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Just spent the past 30mins trying to find that Chinese website with all the fake RRL stuff for sale. If anyone has it handy please post the link here - I could do with a laugh.

13. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

If you want a laugh, read the last few posts in the Red Wing thread.

14. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Making friends huh? :happy:

1 person likes this.
  15. papillo

papillo Well-Known Member

Nice. it looks like the pic the model had from the website.
    http://www.ralphlauren.com/graphics/product_images/pPOLO2-16018299_standard_dt.jpg

How much did you get it for if you dont mind? I cant find that color in a small anywhere. Anyway, You guys probably are aware of this but you can get an extra 25% off sale prices today on Polo with the code "RETAILMENOT25"

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  16. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Awesome thanks.
    Just ordered some C&J frankenmunks.

17. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Just curious about sweater fits. Obviously it depends on the particular style, but would you say RRL sweaters are a standard fit (IE like J. Crew) or more tailored than that? If more tailored, would you say slightly more tailored or a lot more tailored?

18. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Are all the RRL Cardigan's cut short this season, ordered one earlier and returned because it hit right at or a little below belt line. Prefer a little longer look.

Thanks and have fun.

19. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Well I may have taken my last shot at RRL, 2/3 of what I bought this season ended up going back....I had fit and quality issues LOL
    and what I ended up keeping is not as well made as what I have purchased be for....

FWIW

20. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member