• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Philosophy101

Reaction score
I know this is an old subject for the RRL thread, but does anyone know how the Deadstock Boss Chino's fit? Do I need to size down as they will stretch out? (ie APC's?) Or are they already slim enough? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to order a pair.

gentpax

Reaction score

Any thoughts on the Mosley Distressed Boots?  Looking great to me at just under $350.  

It's a little chunky. Nice Vibram on the bottom. Wish I'd paid the current price and not the 30%+15% a couple of months back. Only issue is that the random indentations from distressing on the midsole look a little silly to me. You'll only notice when handling, not so much on your feet. Also would prefer a full sock liner.

I sized down a half to begin with, but then went a full size down for an even more snug fit with thinner socks. Just know that they fit a little big.

J888www

Reaction score

Bicester outlet village (UK) has a Ralph Lauren Clearance......but there is LOADS of RRL.

Greetings generic_guy,
What a coincidence that I went to Bicester outlet on the very same Wednesday 19th, arrived at approximately 12.30pm, very gloomy rainy weather, also had to eat my Jamie Oliver salted beef bap while standing in the rain.

It maybe that I was a few days late, but on that Wednesday there was NO RRL at all in stock, just a few pieces of remnants/left-overs which were mostly in large/extra large sizes and wasn't worth much of interest.

I noticed that there were a few nice Black Labels but once again these were also remnants in the same large/extra large size.

All in all that 120 miles return trip to Bicester was a total waste of time, hopefully the next trip will be a little better.
In all the years which I visited Bicester, I had only found 2 RRL jeans (purchased 1, the other incompatible size). To say Bicester outlet stocks LOADS of RRL is a vast exaggeration.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've just ordered my first pair of RRL jeans but I'm afraid I didn't get the right size... I'm a 32 in PRPS and Diesel (Krooley) and 33 in Levi's. Most of my pants measure between 17.25 and 17.75 inches in the waist and around 12.25 inches in the thigh area.

I got a 33 in the low straights Spring Creek 2 wash. Will it be too big? Should I have got a 32 instead?

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You probably got it right. I am similar in size and got the 32s. I am hoping they will stretch because they are very snug --- tight is alright but cutting into your sides is too much. I wish I'd gone one size larger. I have a few pairs of straight leg in 32 and they are loose -- could have gone 31s or even 30 with those, though I don't mind so much.

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Anybody here get the James cotton jacket and can post a fit pic?

Thanks, R

Sorry, no fit pic. Too dark here currently.
However, I just received the James jacket and if I remember correctly from talking about the A-2 we're more or less the same size.
The James jacket fits me pretty well. The sleeves are a tad short but ok. And the cut is a bit boxy. I would have like it to be a bit snugger at the waist. But it's also alright.
All in all a great jacket. I love that it's all natural material. A proper real shearling collar. Lining is cotton. And the outer which is called faded black or so looks quite nice. Not whitish washed out but more like a dark blue. I'm very happy with the jacket. It's also reasonably warm. The downs are not as densely stuffed as in a say CabournxEddie Bauer Geddes jacket but they are enough to keep warm. Nice big front pockets and a nice Talon zipper.
I got size L.
And it's available for a super price still. I was worried that I might be sold out and got it earlier. Still worth the money.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys who own both the Low Straights & Slim Fits...
Do you wear the same size in both?
I have a pair of Low Straights in Once Washed in size 31 and thinking about picking up a pair of the Slim Fits in Once Washed.
Should I get the 31s or size up to the 32s?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of Low Straights in Once Washed in size 31 and thinking about picking up a pair of the Slim Fits in Once Washed.

The thighs in the slim fits are really narrow. I've had to size up at least 1 for that reason. I think there a lot of others with similar experiences. Waist seems about the same, so the slim fits end up being a bit big there.

Bottom line, I'd suggest going up 1, but make sure you can return them, as you might have to experiment with the fit.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
I do the same size. The slim fit is a little slimmer, but fits more or less the same in the waist and seat. I say if you have a slim build, go with the same size.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a little chunky. Nice Vibram on the bottom. Wish I'd paid the current price and not the 30%+15% a couple of months back. Only issue is that the random indentations from distressing on the midsole look a little silly to me. You'll only notice when handling, not so much on your feet. Also would prefer a full sock liner.
I sized down a half to begin with, but then went a full size down for an even more snug fit with thinner socks. Just know that they fit a little big.
Thank you. I ordered in a 9 and you are right --- they fit large and they are slightly on the chunky side, although this is something I was actually going for. Nice soles. Have to figure out if I can keep them and wear with heavy socks or if they should be returned. Probably the latter --- too bad, as there aren't any 8.5s left. I am a little surprised by the fit. I know many RRL shoes (and items) are not true to size but why can't they make a recommendation (order 0.5 sizes down)? Other brands do this. It saves inconvenience, hassle and disappointment. Anyway, that's the way it goes.

Denim

Reaction score
Will the fleece fair isle sweater shrink much you think?

Just got a return in the store in a size Medium and I'm usually a large, the medium isn't bad a lil short, but if I wash it I don't want it to shrink much. What do you guys think? Should I go for it?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will the fleece fair isle sweater shrink much you think?
Just got a return in the store in a size Medium and I'm usually a large, the medium isn't bad a lil short, but if I wash it I don't want it to shrink much. What do you guys think? Should I go for it?
I had the same problem. I am usually a medium but have found that RRL sweaters are generally too small for me in M, sometimes by a considerable amount. I bought the fair isle --- which I think is an amazing piece, btw --- in a size L and one initial wash shrunk it down a little so that it is now *just* the slightest bit loose. I will probably just wash by hand from now on, though I believe the piece is not supposed to shrink much --- I cannot say and I will be cautious about it.

I have 4 RRL sweaters/fleeces and three are in a size L. I have a cashmere cardigan in an M and it is snug but it works for that piece and I am not worried about ripping it as I do not have to remove it overhead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads