• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If by you mean this one...then IMO definitely more a true sweatshirt over a sweater. I have been wearing it in the evenings with my RRL slouch pants.
yeah i own this as well. i originally went TTS for XS to wear over a bd shirt but it was really tight and short so sized up to small and fits great. really comfy but essentially just a sweatshirt with fair isle print. every brand from H&M/uniqlo to mall brands have a similar one so unless your a purist u dont have to get this one. love mine butjust sayin

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot on this thread about the Orlando and New York outlets being pretty good for RRL, but does anyone know about the Chicago outlets? The two outlets around here aren't nearly as close as Orlando, more like 90 miles.

captainshields

Reaction score
I've read a lot on this thread about the Orlando and New York outlets being pretty good for RRL, but does anyone know about the Chicago outlets? The two outlets around here aren't nearly as close as Orlando, more like 90 miles.

Not jacking you're question...but on the same note, what outlets are there in NY that carry RRL? Preferably north of the city (I live in central ny).

I've checked polo outlets and they had nothing.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've taken looks before when I was in the area so I wasn't sure if it was just bad luck. With traffic it would take something stupid like 6 hours to check to see if there are even any racks out, I'll probably just swing downtown at some point.

captainshields

Reaction score
Yeah, I've taken looks before when I was in the area so I wasn't sure if it was just bad luck. With traffic it would take something stupid like 6 hours to check to see if there are even any racks out, I'll probably just swing downtown at some point.

Ya...I wanna do that too.
It's about 2.5 hours to manhattan from here...so it's not too too bad...

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I remember Aurora outlet had **** tons of stuffs last June. 2 full racks of RRLs including jeans, jackets, shirts. Outlets are so dry these days... It's not like it used to be..

captainshields

Reaction score
I remember Aurora outlet had **** tons of stuffs last June. 2 full racks of RRLs including jeans, jackets, shirts. Outlets are so dry these days... It's not like it used to be..

It sucks...
Where is the Aurora outlet? Never heard of it

Denim

Reaction score

If by you mean this one...then IMO definitely more a true sweatshirt over a sweater. I have been wearing it in the evenings with my RRL slouch pants.
Thanks! Was def talking about that shirt... That actually looks like a dope combination... If Christmas wasn't so crazy for me this year is def take advantage of that outfit lol Hopefully it's still available after Christmas! Thanks for the input

captainshields

Reaction score
i think hes talking about the one in OH but whenever ive been there it was pretty tapped

Sucks that there is really nowhere to find RRL other than ebay...

On that note, does anyone know when the next "private" sale is or further reduction on stuff that has been up a while?

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not jacking you're question...but on the same note, what outlets are there in NY that carry RRL? Preferably north of the city (I live in central ny).

I've checked polo outlets and they had nothing.

Woodbury is probably the only place that would have anything. Although they havent had anything Ive seen since early summer. Its all Rugby right now

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i think hes talking about the one in OH but whenever ive been there it was pretty tapped

I meant the Chicago Premium Outlet...I remember scoring **** tons of RRL jeans without any problem.

RRLs are really really dry at outlets. Lots of competition with *** resellers.

Roggie Rog

Reaction score
I ordered the Chambray Steamfitter Shirt the day that it appeared on the website. As a RRL connoisseur, I was very disappointed receiving it this week. It is NOT selvedge denim, AND the tapering around the lower waist is unlike any RRL shirt that I have in a size medium. It tapers to a point where the shirt fits too tight. Run-off chain stitching is always a plus in my book, but unfortunately, this shirt is going back. I was hoping for a winner, but this was a big turn off...

Roggie Rog

Reaction score
cant decide between this and the craftsman work chino.
They're awesome. They're also selvedge, which the description doesn't state. There is no distinguishing selvedge line as its a grey edge. They're raw and the inseam is long,;probably near 36". MANY RRL descriptions on the website are erroneous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads