1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

[​IMG]

3. RRL CLOTHING

Is that lame gif your attempt to save face, or are you still insisting its the same shirt..?

4. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

its not Ralph Lauren. its some vintage boots they picked up at a flea market and threw a Ralph Lauren vintage tag on because they fit the aesthetic of the brand and upcharged them 300%

5. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I agree, it's quite clear they are different shirts, the details are different, the color of the button on the patch pocket, the anchors imprinted in one patch underneath the collar of the one on RL.com, those two were the clearest indicators.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

Had to take a closer look but they are 2 different shirts. the easiest way to tell is that the polo.com shirt has two chest pockets and the E-bay one only has one chest pocket. The one on E-Bay also has flower print details meanwhile the other short has both anchor and paisley prints.

1 person likes this.
  7. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Planning on stocking up on sweaters during this sale...

Pick one:

Brown merino wool shawl cardigan

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...erino+shawl&kw=merino+shawl&parentPage=search

Or the brown shetland wool shawl pullover

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...=99&f=Men&kw=shetland+shawl&parentPage=search

The pullover seems a bit cooler, but I could do without the shoulder patches (the elbow patches are fine). The merino wool cardigan looks a bit more classic, which I like. I wear the black shaker wool cardigan weekly

8. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

My original point was about resellers and the popularity of the shirt. I'm not going to be surprised when denim_vault or another user has 15 pieces of this seasons version of the shirt in a few months.

9. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior member

10. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Why would they be fake? Has anyone here actually ever SEEN a fake RRL piece, for all the paranoia everyone seems to have about it?

For the record the seller has bought multiple things off me on eBay in the past and gets a thumbs up from me

11. RRL CLOTHING

I think it's definitely shady when they list it "new with tags", then write "no size tag" in little font somewhere within the listing. Instead of listing "new with defects" or "new without tags" since eBay has categories for both.

But I guess when you sell $390 pants for $80 you really can't have high standards.. or any standards at all.

12. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

Personally, I like the pullover more. The patches really make it stand out. I do agree that you will get more wears with the cardigan though. I feel as though the brown merino wool shawl cardigan comes out almost yearly so if you don't get it this year there is always next year, with the pullover once it's gone it's gone.

13. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior member

Thanks for the response. I'm generally not paranoid, and like you, I've never actually seen fake RRL. But out of sight doesn't mean out of mind. Just thought I would have someone else take a look at it. As stated by RRLCLOTHING, they're $80.00, so I'm not expecting much.

14. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I've seen what I'm pretty sure was fake RRL on ebay. It's not hard to sew on a RRL tag to an old piece of clothing. Luckily the relative obscurity of RRL creates less of a demand and incentive for fakes.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  15. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

I just bought those pants from that seller. Got them today and they def are real. Ill post some pics soon

By the way they are much nicer in person. Pretty thick fabric with a nice color to them. They also have tags attached but are only missing the stitched on back waist tag

16. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Going with the brown merino wool as the wool is a bit softer and I like to stay pretty classic and basic with RRL (flannels, plain sweaters, relatively plain denim and chinos)

17. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Just a quick fit pic

They are just a bit snug up top...waist measures 17.5 & I need an 18 but i knew these would be a bit tight at 1st. I also grabbed the shirt from Silviob this week

The size tag missing is the patch u would normally see on the waist of pants or jeans. It still came with tags attached

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Fitnesschrizzz

Fitnesschrizzz Active Member

Ralph Lauren is 40% OFF now!!! Entire store!

19. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

Negged.

20. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

?