1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

It really depends on the kind of shirt, some are designed to be longer, some are designed to leave some room in the chest - at least that's what it seemed like to me whenever I tried any on. Frankly, it's better to say that you can expect XS in RRL to be ~18-18.5" chest sizes, 16-17" shoulders, 25-26" sleeves, and 28.5-30" in length. With the Small Custom fit you can get a 18.5-20" chest, 17-17.5" shoulders, 25"-26" sleeves, and 39.5-32" length

It's rarely ever bigger or the same, but if it is, it's usually highly dependent on the style/type of shirt, I've tried on a thicker fabric button down in XS and it felt like a Small in Custom Fit. But at the same time I tried on a western button down in RRL XS that was shorter in length(~1") than other RRL shirts in XS.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

When will new denim drop? I need something new to look forward to...

3. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I had a pair of those a few years ago. Super comfortable and durable. The brown was really dark and stayed that way.

4. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Does anybody know the wash of these jeans I posted and what season?
    Thanks!

5. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I don't know if all RRL jeans have one, but my Spring Creek 2 has a small tag inside like this:

[​IMG]

6. captainshields

No tag I can find on these. But good info! Didn't know they put those in some jeans

7. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

All jeans should have them, the outlets like Barneys or Polo outlet will cut them off sometimes to prevent retail return, iirc.

8. captainshields

Where exactly should it be? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.
    And why would they remove that tag and none of the others?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  9. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

That's just the way they do things. It's a good way to distinguish the items before sending them to outlets.

It's on the outseam on the inside on the upper leg.

10. barky

barky Senior member

Wow, that's very helpful. Thanks a ton, Saturdays.

11. captainshields

Thanks!
    Ya, mine just have a black tag with the wash instructions and a little white tag with a po number.

It must have been taken off from whoever the reseller bought them from, or theyre a sample or something.

12. 00bam

00bam Senior member

did you get the dark brown or the regular brown? or which one did it say it was (style number) because im looking to get the dark brown ones but when i look at pictures online it kinda looks like a different material on the upper...and then other dark brown ones dont just all leather even tho its the same boot...thanks

13. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Does anyone own the slim fit cords (I think they came in black, navy and burgundy this season)? Do they stretch out and did you get them in the same size as your slim fit rigids? tia!

14. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I remember answering you in a PM before, but just for the sake of public knowledge (I don't have the slim-fit rigids so can't attest to those):

I got mine in Navy and size 30x32, my last pairs of trousers have been size 28 w/ waist buckles (so fit more like a 29) (olive wool, naval cotton) and size 29 in the burgundy dyed officer chinos and that has allowed me literally enough room for tugging in a shirt and my hand's depth - if for instance I would require to put my small thin hands down my trousers. Since I bought the cords, I have worn them the majority of the time (10+ days) and they have yet to stretch, but they feel inherently more flexible compared to chinos, but I sort of expected that out of cords. These fit nearly identical to the officer chinos for me, just slightly less restricting, so to be safe I would recommend going TTS, I sized up one because I was tired of the the rise on the 29s reaching up so close to my package.

Hope that helps. I am quite pleased with these, I haven't had a pair of cords since I was a kid, so I've always been impartial to them, having had my parents force me to wear when I was a child. Now that I have a pair, especially one that fits well and is very decently constructed, I think I am going to love these. Very versatile in my wardrobe, and looks great with my weejuns!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

Anyone remember when the winter sale for RRL/PRL goes down?

It's usually 1st week of December?

16. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Just a thought, since this thread goes back to 2009 one might take the effort to go look back at posts in early December.

1 person likes this.
  17. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

Ah the joys of SF

18. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I saved all the emails, but the only thing I see is Nov 29 there was an email about a 'Luxury Sale' that included RLBL and RLPL up to 40% off on select RLBL and RLPL items, and up to 50% off on other brands, and then another email about a Holiday Sale that started Dec 11th. There was also a Thanksgiving sale that was 25% off through a coupon that ended the monday after thanksgiving.

19. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

Thanks. I guess it's not a specific date but seasonal dependent upon inventory.

20. 00bam

00bam Senior member