Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Senior member

[​IMG]

Anyone have any info or advice on this one? I think I'm in love...

2. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

I'm really liking this Season's gambler as well. I think I prefer it to the Spring version. Curious about the weight? Is it heavier, or more Fall oriented? Does the blanket lining add much warmth?

3. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

4. Hyphener

Hyphener Member

Thanks for the advice people,

The size 13 Washington Boot fits my size 14 feet great! (And I don't have any squeaking issues)

Any of you have any advice on taking care of them?
    Just saddle soap?

Since I bought them as "black" I was considering polishing them as if they were,
    but that's probably not the best idea given their brown color and contrast stitching.

5. Dynamics

Dynamics Senior member

Any advice for purchasing Slim Fits? I want to buy the Southwest Denim when that 25% kicks in on Tuesday. Just don't know if I should go with Slim Fits or Low Straights.

6. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Leave them alone. They are pretreated and won't need conditioning for months of constant wear. And never use saddle soap. It dries out leather. Use either a cream conditioner or waterproof stuff such as Obernauf's. Obernauf's or other waterproofing will tend to darken the leather so that's the way to go if you want them 'blacker".

7. jruti

jruti Member

I was suprised at how lightweight it was, that's why I ended up getting it. I've always wanted a leather jacket that didn't scream leather jacket if that makes any sense. It's definitely more suited to early / late fall and colder days in spring. The interior wool adds just a hint of insulation, but I wouldn't count on it. An oxford shirt with a thin cashmere sweater is about the maximum amount of layers you're going to get under it. It really is one of my favorite pieces from RRL, you won't be dissapointed. It will probably go on holiday sale, but I would only count on that if you wear a larger size. I bought mine at the Bleecker Street boutique and confirmed that there are only 10 left in the country in a size small. Large and XL have some healthy numbers, but the run was small.

8. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Another question re: Low Straights & Slim Fits for the experts....

I f I wear size 31 in the Once Washed Low Straights, what size should I purchase in the Raw Low Straights?

What about in the Raw Slim Fits?

What are the key differences for both models?

9. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

I almost always buy the same size in the same cut across different washes (33 x 34). The only exception I made is when I sized up (to a 34 x 34) on the black on black slim fits. For some reason those run small (others here seem to have had that experience).

10. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

Looking forward to Tuesday!

11. Hyphener

Hyphener Member

Will do. Thanks

12. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Btw, you should wait for the after holiday sale when the bumper is 50% off. Effectively yielding 70% + discounts.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012

13. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

How much slimmer are the thights in the slim fit as opposed to the low straight?

14. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

eh id say a size down will fit similar...so like 32 in slim is like a 31 in low straight. But then also the rises are different. I much prefer the slim fit. Also the once wash and raw stretch a lot more than the washed versions so ill go down another size in those.