• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RobearH

Reaction score
What were your measurements (see first quote) from then?
I had thought you had the jacket and it fit. A previous version?
Measurements and pic sent to me by a SA, then passed on to someone who asked.

Nopike343

Reaction score

You must return those for either replacement or a refund. The shank in the sole is loose and wasn't set properly. This will cause the boot to creak and click. The fix is very expensive as the sole must be opened up and the shank seated again. Not worth the time or trouble.
Thanks. They are already on their way back. Made in USA, kind of disappointing.

srgprod

Reaction score

Thanks. They are already on their way back. Made in USA, kind of disappointing.

This happens all the time now with boots. They use plastic/nylon shanks that don't seat as well as steel so you see a greater amount of creaking boots out there.

Nopike343

Reaction score

This happens all the time now with boots. They use plastic/nylon shanks that don't seat as well as steel so you see a greater amount of creaking boots out there.
FWIW The site states that the boots have a steel shank.

Last edited:

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Starting Tuesday it will be 25% off sale price.

is that on top of the 40%?

Never mind: I think it is.

New question: is that the lowest mark down of the season before hitting the outlet?

Last edited:

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FWIW The site states that the boots have a steel shank.

Hrmm I've had this happen with my combat boots before but the clicking problem went away on its own and I don't notice anything structurally wrong with them.

jim10

Reaction score
I posted earlier about the A2 jacket, and that I went with the XL. The L just was too tight in the shoulders. I know a lot of guys like snug fitting leather jackets, but this leather is very thick, making it very restrictive if it is snug. Plus, the L sleeves were a little short on me.

Having said that, the more I looked at the jacket, the more I felt it was too baggy in the chest and waist. I ended up having my tailor take it in 4 inches on the sides. I just don't see this jacket fitting well for most people without some tailoring.

Richard Pryor

Reaction score

I posted earlier about the A2 jacket, and that I went with the XL. The L just was too tight in the shoulders. I know a lot of guys like snug fitting leather jackets, but this leather is very thick, making it very restrictive if it is snug. Plus, the L sleeves were a little short on me.
Having said that, the more I looked at the jacket, the more I felt it was too baggy in the chest and waist. I ended up having my tailor take it in 4 inches on the sides. I just don't see this jacket fitting well for most people without some tailoring.

Pics please

jruti

Reaction score
Last edited:

wornandtorn

Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased a pair of RRL Slim Fit Rigids from this seller about 4 months ago. I can attest that the jeans I purchased are authentic. The seller has a small shop in LA's garment district. I picked the item up from her in person and had no issue.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just picked up the gambler in a small - pic attached.  I'm selling a similarly styled buffalo plaid moto style jacket on Ebay if anyone is interested.  It's not RRL, blue label, but really nice and thought some on here would be interested.  

Link:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/221154985722?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

[ATTACHMENT=4523]IMG_1182.JPG (2,080k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

What are the measurements on it if i may ask? Thinking of picking up a small of it as well

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads