1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

kind of refreshing to see a see a rapper wear RRL to an award show instead of the normal Givenchy T-shirt
    [​IMG]
    This is probably my favorite shirt that came out this year.

1 person likes this.
  2. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

is that the cotton anderson shirt?

3. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

Nah, Star Iron shirt from Spring 2013

4. gnu

gnu Senior member

Is there a time when the selvedge chinos are ever discounted? Like that give in style sale or something? If not ill just go pick them up. Just don't want to miss out on some sale by a few weeks.

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

There is a sale at end of month with some rrl included not sure if chinos will be though. There could be a bizrate 10% code

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I'd be curious to know as well. Did the chinos go on sale last year?

7. Baldomero

Baldomero Well-Known Member

Nah.

8. alex99

alex99 Senior member

Are you sure about icon never going on sale, or do you mean just icon jeans? I typed in "icon" on the rl website and looked at the 133 results. There were plenty of cheaper tshirts and waffle crew necks that I always see marked down come sale time.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  10. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

D&S is noticeably lower in quality than RRL with cheaper materials and construction.

11. amapola11

amapola11 New Member

Although D&S targets similar clients as RRL, there is no comparison in the quality of the garments. RRL by far pays full attention to execution and finish.

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

some of the seasonal chinos go on sale but the standard core lineup does not. so no twill officer chinos.

13. amapola11

amapola11 New Member

Star Iron shirt is pretty awesome! There's a similar one with the poc-a- dot print in a indigo dyed fabric.

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

I bought my selvedge officer ones last year 25% off during Giving in Style

15. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Not really - D&S targets teenagers and college students while RRL targets an older clientele (25-35) with more disposable income given the pricing.

NAMOR, D&S is probably similar to Rugby or something in quality. If the price is right get the sweater

16. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

I wish I was living in the States! I had to pay the full wack GBP 235/= for my British khaki officers chinos! No discounts here in the UK!

17. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Rugby targeted College students. D&S targets bohemians and hipsters (who listen to eurotrash like Avicii.) Most of D&S is garbage, but they make some occasional high end stuff like rigid selvedge jeans and patchwork shirts and some outerwear that would fit right at home with RRL (like that Aran cable knit), those pieces can get pricey as well. I've seen D&S peacoats for $600.

25 is older clientele? I always assumed the average age for RRL (with the exception of the Asian market.. and 1% forum goers/workwear "enthusiasts") is around 40-50+

Not all RRL is high quality either. I've had corduroy trousers who's snap fasteners have torn off when I yanked on the pocket flap, or don't snap/misaligned, shirts/overalls where buttons fell off or were not stitched on in the first place. RRL pays more attention to quality and details, fit and finish, than their competitors, lower end labels, but it's not leaps and bounds anymore like it used to be.

18. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Speaking of D&S, look what they've done (just today) to the beautiful limestone facade of 99 University Place. I work opposite this and have to see this shit everyday now... RALPH, WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING???!!!

[​IMG]

19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

1 person likes this.
  20. MasonTMorris

MasonTMorris New Member

This is completely off topic, but Avicii is by no means "Euro trash".

Now, to stay somewhat on topic, I'm not really a fan of of RRL or D&S. The prices are a little outrageous to me, along with the fact that most of their stuff doesn't fit with my style whatsoever. When it comes to jeans, I typically wear basic Levi 505s, but I own a pair from a new brand that is based in my hometown. They aren't cheap by any means, but they're 100% handmade right here in Raleigh.