• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

karmaguy

Reaction score
i know there was some discussion earlier on the snorkel parka regarding how warm it is but does anyone know how it fits / is the hood removable? I'm looking for a **** weather jacket of some kind for portland weather and the snorkel parka looks like it might work..

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Getting back to the Officer's Chinos weight discussion.
I now have a pair in 9.23 oz that fits surprisingly well. There is actually enough space in the thighs for me in the 32 pair.
Can any of the people who own different pairs comment on whether there is any discernable difference to the 10.5 oz version? tia

plato

Reaction score
Update:
Cordovan wingtips and Lindricks are excluded from the sale. These are usually excluded, because they are a year round shoe for the most part. Give in Style is the only time these seem to go on sale.
Please forgive the question, since I'm new to RL, but - at what time(s) of year does that sale happen? How much is it usually off? 25%? Is there no part of the usual Christmas flurry of sales that has the cordovan discounted? Thanks for the help.

Also, I too have bought a pair of the officer chinos recently. Got the 10.5 ounce twill version according to the pocket, and I think they're great. I'm between a real 34 and 35 inch waist measurement right now, and ended up going with the 33 size. I had been worried about fit in the thighs being too slim, but they were good off the rack and have loosened up considerably in the thigh and waist in just a couple weeks of wearing them 2-3 times per week. It wasn't obvious to me from online pics, so I'll let you know that they do sit a bit high on the waist, at least compared to my other jeans and chinos. I have decided to like the fit, since it seems comfortable for longer periods sitting down. Just my two cents on that.

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of one of these jackets?
I'm mostly between L and XL. Would like to avoid both too small/tight and the baggy sack look.
A2

Tweed Oilcloth Sports Coat

James Cotton jacket

Cotton Herringbone Sport Coat

Last edited:

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please forgive the question, since I'm new to RL, but - at what time(s) of year does that sale happen? How much is it usually off? 25%? Is there no part of the usual Christmas flurry of sales that has the cordovan discounted? Thanks for the help.

Also, I too have bought a pair of the officer chinos recently. Got the 10.5 ounce twill version according to the pocket, and I think they're great. I'm between a real 34 and 35 inch waist measurement right now, and ended up going with the 33 size. I had been worried about fit in the thighs being too slim, but they were good off the rack and have loosened up considerably in the thigh and waist in just a couple weeks of wearing them 2-3 times per week. It wasn't obvious to me from online pics, so I'll let you know that they do sit a bit high on the waist, at least compared to my other jeans and chinos. I have decided to like the fit, since it seems comfortable for longer periods sitting down. Just my two cents on that. 

The Give it in Style sale was about two weeks ago.

RobearH

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of one of these jackets?
I'm mostly between L and XL. Would like to avoid both too small/tight and the baggy sack look.
A2

Tweed Oilcloth Sports Coat

Cotton Herringbone Sport Coat

If you are in between L and XL go with the Xl in these 2 jackets!

R

P.S. The A-2 from what I have been told will not be in tomorrows sale but if you happen to find somewhere it is please send me a PM where.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm usually between L and XL in RRL jackets. I tried on the Tweed Oilcloth jacket in L and it was pretty tight.

orenimios

Reaction score
I'm too interested on how fits the A2 jacket, I use the small size on RRL shirts and I like the tight fit, but as its a bomber, I dont know if the small fits too baggy..
Thanks

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure this was addressed awhile ago but did RRL make the oxfords consistent in sizing now with their work shirts? in the past few seasons i had to size up to small for oxfords cuz the shoulders were tight even though i wear xs in everything else

thanks

indigoeagle

Reaction score
If you are in between L and XL go with the Xl in these 2 jackets!

R

P.S. The A-2 from what I have been told will not be in tomorrows sale but if you happen to find somewhere it is please send me a PM where.

I'm usually between L and XL in RRL jackets. I tried on the Tweed Oilcloth jacket in L and it was pretty tight.

Thanks, guys. Good to know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads