1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. superego

superego Senior member

in addition to the 34s being 10.8oz v the 36s 10.5, looks like the weave on the 10.8oz is listed as 92x60, while the 10.5 at 127x57. meaningful diff? that to say the 36s are a finer weave?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  2. Sym

Sym Senior member

Funny how much of a difference 0.3 oz can make. I still need to pick up my 9.23oz (100 x 50) Rigid Officer's Chino and compare them to my 10.8oz (92 x 60) which I've been wearing quite regularly.

3. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Just bought this vintage Levis Wildfire vest circa 1977, Made in USA, NWT. I thought you guys might appreciate it. Sz M.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. Teger

Teger Senior member

Probably gonna have to sell my rigids, which makes me sad because I just had them completely recut :( Going to need to size down.

5. superego

superego Senior member

:lol: dude, why didn't you just size down in the first place rather than tailoring a pair of chinos?

6. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Very cool

7. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I really like my RRL officer's chinos, so I've been researching other selvedge chino options as I could see myself always having a pair or two on hand.

Pretty funny that these J Crew Wallace and Barnes chinos appear to be an exactly copy of the RRLs down to the 60 days without washing recommendation:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pants/wallacebarnes/PRDOVR~03169/03169.jsp

I like J Crew but they can be shameless sometimes

8. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Seems like Jcrew has become Bizarro RRL. On the other hand they're just following trends. Practically everyone is doing slim selvedge chinos and White Oak jeans these days. Jcrew has really stepped it up a lot in recent seasons and the Womens stuff is pretty good. They still make $98 selvedge chambray workshirts which is a huge plus in my book. Some of their jeans and footwear are $500+. I would never spend that much on Jcrew's high end collabs when there is RRL, I wonder who buys all those expensive pieces and Chimala jeans, given Jcrew's affordable mall brand image.

9. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

I like J Crew but they can be shameless sometimes[/quote]

Nice and a good slim fit also but I still prefer the RRL British officers chino I bought from the RRL shop in London. I can not wait to go to the RR shop in NYC in November! My wife is after a pair of good sitting slim jeans so we may also take a look at the J crew stuff but as they are similar prices I am better off just sticking with my very much loved RRL!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

when in November. I think their big sale is end of oct/beginning of november

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

what a joke. and they even cost more

12. Farhad19620

I will be there on the 27th of Nov. until 1st Dec.

13. Farhad19620

LOL, that is exactly what I thought! even if they were cheaper it would be very hard to convince me to move from RRL.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Speaking of which, could anyone recommend selvedge rigid chinos from another brand? I know Levi's made and crafted offered a couple colors. Wondering where else I can find a pair for sub $175ish. I really like the feel of the 10.5oz and 11+oz LE chinos offered a few years ago but the newer season fabric is underwhelming

15. superego

superego Senior member

could just order a bunch of pairs and hope to get one from the 10.5oz lot like I did

16. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior member

Totally agree with the J.Crew sentiments. To use another members description, they're so "shameless." Don't get me wrong, they make some good stuff now and then, but ultimately they're taking (some of) RRL's image and charging more for it! That just boggles my mind.

17. JChance

JChance Senior member

N&F has a few in different colors and fits--made in canada, japanese fabric, you can find them on sale for $70 range. However, they are semi-soft and not raw like RRL (you can try starching them up).

18. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

I bought these two Shuttle Notes shirt from J.Crew and I happen to like them a lot. They have a nice slim fit. They are little long but that works well for me since I'm tall and they are really well made, they have a triple stitch runoff which is an interesting detail. I would highly recommend these shirts to anyone who is a fan of RRL.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

XXL was available first day for sure, i saw them when i saw RL posted the flick on IG.
    supposedly there are more bears to come.

20. Teger

Teger Senior member

i had them tapered, gonna get any RRL chinos tapered regardless of size