1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. King Leer

King Leer Senior Member

the new "American Graffiti" stuff is out at both Barneys Uptown as well as the Flagship RRL Store. I didn't see it but a friend of mine did. Said it was ok, nothing essential thus far...
    Going to have to check it out myself sometime this week

2. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

Some of the spring flannels look good. My first experience with an RRL flannel this winter has been perfect, I think i'll go for one in a spring color / weight

3. CuffEm

CuffEm Well-Known Member

Looking to purchase some RRL raw Denim. Is the RRL fit similar to the APC Petit Standard, where you size down 2? (does it stretch?)

Is there a difference between RRL Raw Selvedge and RRL Slim Fit?

4. King Leer

King Leer Senior Member

Looking to purchase some RRL raw Denim. Is the RRL fit similar to the APC Petit Standard, where you size down 2? (does it stretch?)

Is there a difference between RRL Raw Selvedge and RRL Slim Fit?

Petit Standard has a MUCH lower rise; only three buttons whereas the Slim Raw and Slim Bootcut from RRL have 5 buttons. so the rise is alot different (and in essence, the seat of the jeans too)

the Slim Raw are similar moreso in the waist area to the New Standard, but the tapering is slightly different, lending itself moreso to the Petit. (I've had all three)

the diff. between the Slim Fit and the Raw is that the Slim is a washed pair and it's really alot more tapered and tighter around the hip and knee, but the Raw will stretch alot, and they'll look more like a New Standard.

5. CuffEm

CuffEm Well-Known Member

Is the Slim Fit selvedge?

Do you have any pics of your RRL jeans? Which jeans have the design on the back pockets?

6. King Leer

King Leer Senior Member

The Slim Fit are Selvedge, I've got a pair of the Slim Bootcut and a pair of the Black Slim Fit. The Slim Boot i've got a size 32 and they fit perfect. The Slim Fit i've got a pair of 33x30 and they're even tighter than the Slim Boot (but still nice)

The Slim Fit DO NOT have a design on the back pocket (at least the recent ones) they've got the little RRL on the coin pocket. the Slim Boots do have the slight design loops on the back, but I've taken them off. I don't have the Slim Raws anymore, I got them years ago and sold them last year. they stretched out too much (though I wish I kept em anyhow)

7. CuffEm

CuffEm Well-Known Member

8. King Leer

King Leer Senior Member

I had a different pair, ones that said RRL in script on the back pocket...before they started putting the logo on the coin pocket. I could direct you to a pair of APC's easier as I used to work there

9. CuffEm

CuffEm Well-Known Member

I had a different pair, ones that said RRL in script on the back pocket...before they started putting the logo on the coin pocket. I could direct you to a pair of APC's easier as I used to work there
    If I bought APC, I would buy the PS. I hear you size down 2 on those.

10. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

RRL will be present at the Inspiration show this Fri/Sat in LA. Check the Inspiration thread for more details. Should be fun!

11. grundletaint

grundletaint Distinguished Member

is the store on collins ave in south beach worth visiting while i'm there this weekend? how much RRL is in there?

12. edubs01

edubs01 Distinguished Member

The RRL shop is the top part of the RL Miami shop. They have a decent selection....mostly the basics and denim. It is def worth checking out.

13. grundletaint

14. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior Member

RRL to me is the BEST.

15. grundletaint

so i dropped a metric assload of coin in there today. this store is a sartorial hardon. i can't imagine an RRL flagship...

i broke my camerea so here's a shitty photobooth shot of the haul, complete with backward text and everything.

the pic does nothing resembling justice and this orange western shirt is TITTIES. the dark blue one is a sweatshirt and the striped shirt is reversible.

[​IMG]